CTE pivot pleasehelp

westlife

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ryx6-0fnH0o

thanks to john barton for sharing this video..he discuss and explain it well,,but one thing i want to know where to pivot on the cueball is it in the edges of the cb or half tip in the middle of the cueball he doesnt mention it,i itry what he teach sometime i made a ball mostly i undercut and overcut the shot,.i have not yet buy the dvd cause i have no money to purchase now but i plan to buy and study the CTE PRO ONE in my opinion i think this the aiming system is accurate not guessing,, :thumbup:

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

thanks to john barton for sharing this video..he discuss and explain it well,,but one thing i want to know where to pivot on the cueball is it in the edges of the cb or half tip in the middle of the cueball he doesnt mention it,i itry what he teach sometime i made a ball mostly i undercut and overcut the shot,.i have not yet buy the dvd cause i have no money to purchase now but i plan to buy and study the CTE PRO ONE in my opinion i think this the aiming system is accurate not guessing,, :thumbup:

If you understood this, then maybe you could explain John's Video to Dan to Dan. :)

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member

Well, I don't really use CTE, but...
CB = cueball, OB= Object ball

Let say you have an CB edge to OB Quarter, and CB center to OB edge visual. You are cutting the ball to your right. Now, if you see that the shot obviously need to be thicker/more full hit, you start with the bridgehand 1/2 tip to the left of the line going through the OB center, then pivot the tip to the Cueballs center as you see it from there. If the shot needs to be thinner, you start with your bridgehand 1/2 tip to the right of the center cueball line and pivot back to the center of the cueball as you see it from there.

I don't really know how much that information is going to help you, though. There are many more visuals and no rules as to when to choose a specific one. On the DVD he shows you how to pivot, how long your bridge should be, and example shots to train on etc, etc..Just knowing the technical bit, doesn't really get you that far. Then there is Pro 1, that doesn't need manual pivoting, which I can't explain here. So far Stan has released 2 DVD's and nearly 100 videos on youtube, still people need months and years to learn the system, so I wouldn't bet on learning it from videos on youtube.

According to Stan, only 3 people understand CTE, and as far as I know JB is not one of them. Better go to the source if you really want to learn it. I know I'm not one of them, that's for sure!

To confuse matters more, there is a guy with "CTE" videos on youtube, which are actually a different version of CTE, that to me looks more like a CTE/90-90 hybrid system...If you truely can't afford the disk, then I suggest asking forum members to sell you one used, or maybe ask Stan for a discount? Maybe you could do a youtube review in your native language, for instance, offer to translate his videos on youtube maybe? Or just save up for it.

edit: I cut out some non-essential speculation.

Last edited:

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
westlife...Just as an addendum, there is no absolute requirement to use any kind of pivot to benefit from CTE aiming. I teach CTE with no pivot whatsoever. A straight stroke is required for any kind of aiming method to work with any kind of consistency. :D

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

nobcitypool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do a search for Stan Shuffett on YouTube. There must be more than 30 of his videos published on YouTube at this point. Start with the first one. Stan put out enough free YouTube videos to learn CTE thoroughly if you pay enough attention, watch them multiple times and practice. I would not recommend trying to learn CTE from watching John Barton's version.

Brookeland Bill

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do a search for Stan Shuffett on YouTube. There must be more than 30 of his videos published on YouTube at this point. Start with the first one. Stan put out enough free YouTube videos to learn CTE thoroughly if you pay enough attention, watch them multiple times and practice. I would not recommend trying to learn CTE from watching John Barton's version.

Stan takes 30 minutes for something that can be explained in 10 minutes or less. He’s full of himself.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Poor JB.

He was an ardent if not vociferous proponent for Hal and Stan for years and years. Now he gets thrown under the CTE bus more often than a USPS truck makes stops.

Lou Figueroa

Vorpal Cue

Just galumping back
Silver Member
Boo hoo lou

Poor little louie. Don't have no math skills to disprove cte so he ridicules anyone who tries to explain it. Class act buddy.

What's the vector Victor?
Go help the stewardess
engage the auto-pilot

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Poor little louie. Don't have no math skills to disprove cte so he ridicules anyone who tries to explain it. Class act buddy.

What's the vector Victor?
Go help the stewardess
engage the auto-pilot

lol, I was not aware that math skills were a prerequisite to finding an aiming system functional (or nor) not on a pool table.

Lou Figueroa
see da ball
make da ball

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

You must be the only Filipino who can't aim. ;)

westlife

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You must be the only Filipino who can't aim. ;)

Hahaha i aim traditi0nal way see the contact poin of ob..you how do you aim?sadly and unfortunately hustler filipino they d0nt teach how they play the game or aim.thankz to the the other country there are more instructor..like stan.ekkes, and others share how they play

Bobkitty

I said: "Here kitty, kitty". Got this frown.
Gold Member
Silver Member

Oh My God! (I couldn't help it.)

Vorpal Cue

Just galumping back
Silver Member
No posting but have to laugh.

My turn to laugh at your idiotic statement. There are two types of pivots: half ball and half tip. The half ball hip pivot that I use comes from the edge of the cue ball to the center. Stan recommends using this style to start the learning process as it's easier for a beginner to work out. Too many members seem to think that they can master the Pro One system while standing on one foot.

Fly off to Robin land before you make any more 'colorful' comments.

S.H.S.M

He explained the CTE very well and Im sure he is undrestand CTE nicely.
I started to use of his system and its well it works on pool table and snooker table.
In the Pro One you need to find 2 line (perception) and pivot but you can use only one line and sweep or pivot in John Bartons CTE

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He explained the CTE very well and Im sure he is undrestand CTE nicely.
I started to use of his system and its well it works on pool table and snooker table.
In the Pro One you need to find 2 line (perception) and pivot but you can use only one line and sweep or pivot in John Bartons CTE
Yes, you can basically use two lines or one line or do everything wrong and in the end you will find that it is all BS anyway. Do something, almost anything, consistently and you will become a better player.