Let's See Your Schon! Pictures Please.

ScottW

Fo' shizzle!
Silver Member
This whole thread just reminded me to email the Schon folks re: my stolen cue, in case some weasel contacts them trying to get some info on it (model number, value).

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
atthecat said:
Is Schon pronounced like RON or like TONE?

and

randy9ball said:
My understanding is it's prounounced like "sean".

LOL!!! Here we go again. The big problem is that the name "Ron" and the name "Sean" is pronounced differently depending on what State you live in.

So, on these sights, if someone says for example, "it's pronounced like Shawn," I can point to four different people from Texas (Hillbilly says something close to "shown" for Shawn Putnam), NYC (close to Shwahn), Chicago (Shaaaaaahn, with a nasal 'a'), and California (Shahn with no nasal), and they'll pronounce the name four different ways, each way rhyming with the four or five ways people might pronounce Schon Cues. LOL!!!!

What I do know is the Evan Clarke doesn't pronounce it the German way (phoenetically: ~ shern). He DOES pronounce it like someone from the mid-Atlantic states pronounces Shawn, but he doesn't pronounce it like my Chicago friends or NYC friends pronounce Shawn.

Yeah, it's that crazy.

Fred

robmare

Registered
Here are a couple of pics of my Schon that I regret selling:mad: ...according to Evan its a hybrid between an R15 and SL13..sorry for the crappy pics..

CopyofDSCN0491.jpg

CopyofDSCN0505.jpg

73ac4eca.jpg

Rob

poohkiller

Still life.
Silver Member
my sch?n

Here's my humble STL-4. On this particular cue I prefer the darker forearm as it matches the ebony really nicely imo.
stl full + logo222 - resize.jpg

axejunkie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
cyrex said:
I remember seeing a Schon Sneaky pete on eBay. What model are they? They must be very rare as I don't see them around anymore. I'm sure it was BEM and Ebony. Great post/pics you guys.
I think that's the CX25 which is called the Black Widow and I think is discontinued. The retail at $650 or so was a bit steep if you ask me and I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't selling well.

trueblu8

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
RunoutalloverU said:
Other than that, it made me want to get out of the states and date some euro chicks.
Me too dude, euro chicks are hot. I'm going to have to get my ass over to Prague one of these days. ;)

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
Ernie M.

Randy9Ball said:
I like that cue. Nice cocobolo (I think) with long, sharp points.

Yes, it is cocabolo. A very rare steel jointed Ernie Martinez cue. The only steel joint piloted cue I've ever seen, by Ernie Martinez. It was surprising to see a Schon with such a similar inlay design, which is the only reason I posted pics of it. I probably should have put it in the gallery section, but I got caught up in the moment. Now I know where the original owner got the design. This is a nice thread

RunoutalloverU

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cornerman said:
and

LOL!!! Here we go again. The big problem is that the name "Ron" and the name "Sean" is pronounced differently depending on what State you live in.

So, on these sights, if someone says for example, "it's pronounced like Shawn," I can point to four different people from Texas (Hillbilly says something close to "shown" for Shawn Putnam), NYC (close to Shwahn), Chicago (Shaaaaaahn, with a nasal 'a'), and California (Shahn with no nasal), and they'll pronounce the name four different ways, each way rhyming with the four or five ways people might pronounce Schon Cues. LOL!!!!

What I do know is the Evan Clarke doesn't pronounce it the German way (phoenetically: ~ shern). He DOES pronounce it like someone from the mid-Atlantic states pronounces Shawn, but he doesn't pronounce it like my Chicago friends or NYC friends pronounce Shawn.

Yeah, it's that crazy.

Fred

See post 41....again

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
RunoutalloverU said:
See post 41....again
I know how to pronounce it in German (the two or three different ways ,just like in the US with different words in different states). But, the German pronunciation isn't how Evan Clarke pronounces it. His company. He gets to pronounce it however he wants.

Fred <~~~ been to Germany... 6 times... last year...

Last edited:

RunoutalloverU

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cornerman said:
I know how to pronounce it in German (the two or three different ways ,just like in the US with different words in different states). But, the German pronunciation isn't how Evan Clarke pronounces it. His company. He gets to pronounce it however he wants.

awesome, lol

DougT

Illustrated Principles
I must've missed it, how does Evan Clarke pronounce it?

rhymes with Rome is how I pronounce it.

Cornerman said:

trueblu8

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
DougT said:
I must've missed it, how does Evan Clarke pronounce it?

rhymes with Rome is how I pronounce it.
I asked him one time. I believe he pronounced it "Shawn". I always liked the "shown" pronounciation myself. I think it's just easier to say, although "Shawn" is the proper way.

Last edited:

RunoutalloverU

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cornerman said:

he can pronounce it "Imabigidiot" but if he isnt pronouncing it right, hes a bozo.

p1noy

layin' low
Silver Member
call me a bozo anytime..

If I own a very successful cue-making company that creates this much buzz.. You can call me a bozo anytime..:D

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Sorry about the huge pic I cant get the picture thing down to a science like most of you, I will work on it:eek:

poohkiller

Still life.
Silver Member
Nice cue! No problem about the picture size, if you click into the picture it will show it in a smaller size that fits the display.

ScottW

Fo' shizzle!
Silver Member
Well, the theft of my Schon LTD may end up being a Good Thing, in a sense (assuming I get the insurance claim payment soon).

I've got the opportunity to pick up a beautiful older (Runde era, I'm told) Schon for what I'm told (and what I feel) is a fantastic price. (I don't want to say up front how much, though.)

If you guys (who are far more Schon-knowledgable than I) would take a peek and offer your opinions, I'd appreciate it.

Pic links below.

Pic 1
Pic 2

Last edited: