Tom Wirth's One Pocket book ( very short review)

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
An Excellent book! I would certainly buy it again.

How I approached Tom's material.

I literally played through the entire book "visually" as a first task. Tom's visual presentation is so well layed out that I could practically strip away all of his wording and still gain a valuable right brain visual education.

The reason I purchased Tom's book is that my left brain is starving for one-pocket information. Tom supports his visual presentation with great text concerning his decision-making wisdom as well as providing superb analytics concerning the WHYs for his visuals. So, bottom line for this student is that I was able to plug in some much-needed left brain info.

Great work, Tom!

Stan Shuffett

Last edited:

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

I literally played through the entire book "visually" as a first task. Tom's visual presentation is so well layed out that I could practically strip away all of his wording and still gain a valuable right brain visual education.

The reason I purchased Tom's book is that my left brain is starving for one-pocket information. Tom supports his visual presentation with great text concerning his decision-making wisdom as well as providing superb analytics concerning the WHYs for his visuals. So, bottom line for this student is that I was able to plug in some much-needed left brain info.

Great work, Tom!

Stan Shuffett

Tom is the coolest guy in the (pool) world and in general. To anyone that buys his book and should have a question about certain situations I'll bet he would gladly take a phone call. Nobody loves/plays and teaches like Tom. He is all about 1P. I have the good fortune of taking weekly lesson with him. I call that the LIVE version of OnePocket .... a Game of Controlled Aggression...and have his book of course. The endorsements speak for themselves. This book is a must have. It belongs in your pool library. It's in a class of it's own. And definitely a future collectable. It gets right to the point(s). Does not waste time or material about how to stroke/aim/etc. It's 100% One Pocket related.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 1,241
Last edited:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I haven't read the book, but I've known Tom-Tom close to 40 years. In fact, it was he that introduced me to pool room pool. I used to be a league player, social shooter, barbox player. One-pocket has always been his game, and he was heralded as one of the best in my neck of the woods for a very long time.

And then he moved to Florida, dag nab it! :p

JoeyM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I keep hearing good things about this book. Guess it's time to get off my butt and order a copy.

Poolhall60561

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks, I did fine it there. I will mail Tom my check.
I did read the review in Billiards Digest and am looking forward to getting a copy.

Someday one pocket is going to be my game. As soon as I get tired of running around the table and shooting. I look forward to the pace and strategy of 1 hole.

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks, I did fine it there. I will mail Tom my check.
I did read the review in Billiards Digest and am looking forward to getting a copy.

Someday one pocket is going to be my game. As soon as I get tired of running around the table and shooting. I look forward to the pace and strategy of 1 hole.

I had the pleasure of speaking with Tom a while back when I ordered the book for my son. He is a very nice guy and will write an inscription and sign it for you if you ask him to.

3andstop

Focus
Silver Member
I'd like a copy, sounds very interesting. Hope there's another source. I'm not signing up for that crap just to buy the book. I'll do some searching ....

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The absolute gold-plated NUTS! By all means, buy this book if you play or intend to play One Pocket! It is by far the best thing in print on One Pocket.

TRWpool

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thanks to all for all the kind words about my book, especially you Stan for starting this thread and providing your review. As Jam said, and she should know, I love this game and have devoted a major portion of my life learning to play it at a very high level. That being said, I understand that we all must play within our individual skill levels and so I geared the book with that in mind.

I provide the reader with goals, templates, and theories which should lead you in the right direction when planning a course of action. I designed the book with a spiral binding so the reader can take the book to a table and work out the various shots which tend to come up on a regular basis.

This is a "what to" book not a "how to" book. I purposely did not fill this work with systems or other material which can be found throughout the internet or in many previously written books and videos. This is 100% One Pocket with an an aggressive approach.There is nothing else like it anywhere.

Thanks to all, and play more One Pocket. Once you begin to understand the game, you will be hooked, and love being hooked.

You can order through paypal; trwirth369@gmail.com or you can send me a check, (send me a PM for the address) $54.95 includes shipping within the USA.

Tom Wirth

Poolshootindon

Registered Pool Offender
Silver Member

Great work, Tom!

Stan Shuffett

I had the pleasure of using/reading Tom's book (friends) for about 3 weeks. Excellent book and i really liked the spiral bindings.

Don

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I hope Tom does not mind ..... Here's page 1. Page 2 illustrates the result. I love this book.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 894

TRWpool

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hey GC, no, I don't mind your posting a page or two but don't get carried away, please.

BTW, are you still making your beautiful pens? And are to selling any of them?

tom

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hey GC, no, I don't mind your posting a page or two but don't get carried away, please.

BTW, are you still making your beautiful pens? And are to selling any of them?

tom

One and done. Just wanted to offer a sample. I can't post any more...I'm out of film :D hehe. The book is the best...I'm on the chapter about breaking balls loose from the stack.
Did you say Pens..... Not for sale. I use them for gifts and donate them to charitable fund raisers in my community.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 548
Last edited:

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
One and done. Just wanted to offer a sample. I can't post any more...I'm out of film :D hehe. The book is the best...I'm on the chapter about breaking balls loose from the stack.
Did you say Pens..... Not for sale. I use them for gifts and donate them to charitable fund raisers in my community.

gw
did you turn to the dark side???:grin:
will we get a chance to play before you head north??? pm me
as for tom's book
there is no other book that approaches onepocket this way
if you want to "pick the brain" of an elite onepocket player
BUY IT
jmho

dwalding

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is hands down the best instructional book on One Pocket written. I happen to own about 100 books on pool and this one immediately became my favorite.

I will say I was a little disappointed at first that Tom spilled the beans and made all my opponents who read his book harder to beat. Then I realized he made the game more challenging and enjoyable.

For those of you who play One Pocket or want to learn, stop reading this forum and email Tom and purchase his book. You won't regret it, I promise.

And GoldCrown, please sign me up immediately for the Tom Wirth Fan Club. I want in.

Regards

Darin