Cuemaker wont ship my cue

Kingpin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a quick question, What would you guys do if a cuemaker told you he could repair your cue in 2 weeks, call you in 2 weeks for payment and say it will be done by the end of the week. Wont get a hold of you and instead gives you an excuse and says it will go out the following week. Wait two weeks and still nothing. Call again, still having issues but it will go out the next week. Blah, Blah, Blah. Excuses, excuses, excuses. I dont care if its done. Its a month past the promised time frame and I can have someone else do it. I just cant seem to get my cue back. Im not sure why but he wont ship it. Repaires have been paid for so thats a non issue. Please tell me how I should procceed. Thanks

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a quick question, What would you guys do if a cuemaker told you he could repair your cue in 2 weeks, call you in 2 weeks for payment and say it will be done by the end of the week. Wont get a hold of you and instead gives you an excuse and says it will go out the following week. Wait two weeks and still nothing. Call again, still having issues but it will go out the next week. Blah, Blah, Blah. Excuses, excuses, excuses. I dont care if its done. Its a month past the promised time frame and I can have someone else do it. I just cant seem to get my cue back. Im not sure why but he wont ship it. Repaires have been paid for so thats a non issue. Please tell me how I should procceed. Thanks

Sadly this has become all too common.

Best thing to do it name cuemaker publicly, and apply pressure that way.

Mistakes made by you would be paying in advance.

My other thought that I have had about the problem I had with a cuemaker, involved, a backhoe and a bag of lime......:mad:

Ken

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member

Guess I'd probably have my lawyer contact them since you've already paid. If you paid with a credit card or paypal I'd file a complaint and try to recover my money as well. Wouldn't wait very long on that.

Kingpin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Im guessing that If I cancel my payment, he would just keep the cue. :frown: I read a post that someone else had written about the guy in question and it wasnt a good situation. Unfortunately I had found it after the fact. The only thing I can think of is finding someone in his area and have them go and get it. Again, Im trying to take the high road here but the guy is making it tough for me. He is fairly well known and was suggested to me buy a member here on AZ. I had contacted this member as well. At first he was going to check on it because he is friends with the guy. He got back to me and said (the cue maker) was trying to get a hold of me. I called and got yet another story and another promise of the cue going out. This was two weeks ago. He lives roughly 3 states away so it should certainly have been here by now. I have since sent several messages to the member here on AZ but he doesnt want to respond now. I am going to Dallas this week and wanted to take the cue along. When I sent it, I never thought there would be an issue getting it before my trip. Im not really mad, Im kind of in amazement that people think this is an ok way to do business. A phone call goes a long way. Just trying to figure out where things went wrong

9BallKY

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can't help you in any way with your situation but I have a rule I go by. For instance my friend has a custom cue made by a well known cuemaker and he has called, left messages, sent emails about getting an extra shaft made for it and has never gotten a response, so I will never own one of these cues. Also I emailed a cuemaker about a quote to build a cue and got no response so I will never own one of his cues either. Everytime I hear of something like this and I have reason to believe the maker is at fault I mark them off my list and I will not own one of their cues even if someone gave me one of them I might take it and sell it but I will never play with it.

63Kcode

AKA Larry Vigus
Silver Member
Cancel the payment. Who knows if you will get the cue back or not. Even if you let him keep the payment!

Then name the cue repair person. If he makes it right. Then you can return the payment and tell everyone here all has been made right.

This way he can come here and tell his side. You will know you have done about all you can do and may save someone else the same problems.

JMHO

Larry

Good luck!

Kingpin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like to think I surround myself with people who are alot like myself. If they dont like a person, chances are I dont either. So If I hear about stories like mine, I do the same as you have mentioned, I will simply avoid that company or business in the future. The only thing necessarry for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. Thank you :)

Last edited:

Kingpin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Im kind of caught in a conundrum. I have been contacted by the AZ member who is friends with this cue builder. He stated that he will remedy the situation. I dont hold him responsible, he didnt twist my arm, he simply made a suggestion on where I could have some work done. The right thing to do would be to let everyone know who is working on my cue. On the other hand, I hate to take money from his family over something as trivial as this. I will hopefully get it resolved and have the cue by the end of this coming week.
Larry, we can talk about it this week sometime.

Thanks guys.

phil dade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Im kind of caught in a conundrum. I have been contacted by the AZ member who is friends with this cue builder. He stated that he will remedy the situation. I dont hold him responsible, he didnt twist my arm, he simply made a suggestion on where I could have some work done. The right thing to do would be to let everyone know who is working on my cue. On the other hand, I hate to take money from his family over something as trivial as this. I will hopefully get it resolved and have the cue by the end of this coming week.

Thanks guys.

Kingpin,

You are not taking money from his family. THE CUEMAKER maybe by his action. This behavior is immoral and unacceptable. THE CUEMAKER actions and practices will result in future problems and should affect his income, ultimitely his family. He is responsible. By naming him, you will do him a favor and those who would potentially deal with him if he straightens out. The longer this can gets kicked down the road, the more it will eventually hurt.

In the course of my business career, I fired many people for just cause. Many of those people looked me up years later to thank me.

cueaddicts

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
There is a pretty short list of guys I would entrust to do my repair work. If you've heard some bad stories about a certain maker, just think of the ones you haven't heard...

Big-Tattoo

I'm back
Silver Member
Kingpin,

You are not taking money from his family. THE CUEMAKER maybe by his action. This behavior is immoral and unacceptable. THE CUEMAKER actions and practices will result in future problems and should affect his income, ultimitely his family. He is responsible. By naming him, you will do him a favor and those who would potentially deal with him if he straightens out. The longer this can gets kicked down the road, the more it will eventually hurt.

In the course of my business career, I fired many people for just cause. Mainy of those people looked me up years later to thank me.

Well said:thumbup:

bdorman

Dead money
Silver Member

Thanks guys.

That is a conundrum: Should I take money from his family, or from the families of AZers who might step into this trap?

PETROBOY

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why is it that a lot of cue makers can't be honest with schedules? There seems to be to many of these threads around, I can understand a small delay of a few days maybe even a week but a month or six like some I have seen is foolish. If these guys don't know when they can start they should be more upfront. Maybe if no one payed before they did the work it may change things. I hope you get your cue back and your happy with the work done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kingpin,

In the course of my business career, I fired many people for just cause. Many of those people looked me up years later to thank me.

i do not think it would do any good to name him at all.

how many times have people come on here stating problems with cue makers and naming them ?

nothing is going to change until every oneand i mean every one quits dealing with these problem cue makers no matter how good you may think they are. there are very good cue makers out there that do what they promise and those are the ones that should get every ones biz.

as long as every one puts up with this crap it will continue to happen.

how many times when said cue maker was named people come on here defending said cue maker ?

how many times have people come on here stating problems with certain cue makers and yet people continue to do biz with them thinking the same thing will not happen to them ?

how many times will some come on here complaining about a cue maker then forgive him when they finally get their cue back a year later than promised ? show man and quality cues latest example .

Last edited:

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In case you are inclined to pursue Ken's last resort, the ratio is 50 lbs of Lye for every 75 lbs of body mass in damp/moistened earth 7-8 feet deep for maximum results.....or a lawyer which you might wind up needing anyway.

smashmouth

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

1 you need to MAN UP and name the cuemaker, he sound slimy, most of em are, you hinder all by keeping him anonymous and become part of the problem and not solution

2 stick to production cues, most cuemakers can't compare with even the build quality of a cheap players, not with today's manufacturing

Reactions: JC

63Kcode

AKA Larry Vigus
Silver Member
In case you are inclined to pursue Ken's last resort, the ratio is 50 lbs of Lye for every 75 lbs of body mass in damp/moistened earth 7-8 feet deep for maximum results.....or a lawyer which you might wind up needing anyway.

Should you wish to bring the body to Dallas. I can dig a 6' hole 30' deep. This realy helped when my daughter started dating. Have yet to have one found!

Larry

smashmouth

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can't help you in any way with your situation but I have a rule I go by. For instance my friend has a custom cue made by a well known cuemaker and he has called, left messages, sent emails about getting an extra shaft made for it and has never gotten a response, so I will never own one of these cues. Also I emailed a cuemaker about a quote to build a cue and got no response so I will never own one of his cues either. Everytime I hear of something like this and I have reason to believe the maker is at fault I mark them off my list and I will not own one of their cues even if someone gave me one of them I might take it and sell it but I will never play with it.

you too, who is it? these people need to be outed, it's done everywhere else but in pool for some reason

smashmouth

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm too old school for my own good even though I'm not old, bad child rearing maybe and alot of fun as a youth, lol, but if a punk cuemaker wouldn't return my stick he'd be bang in serious trouble

sonny_burnett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Search the Showman thread, and see what you are in store for.
Best you out him now and make his business life one living hell.

Beats me why you come in here asking for advice and will not out the scumbag.

You should be warning the other members about the growing list of cue makers that take the money and then the bullshit begins.

If you keep playing nice guy you might get it in 1 to 2 years, going by other cue con threads.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk