ob break shaft/old butt opinions.

madhatter44

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ob is now selling their break shafts seperatly.I was thinking of saving a few bucks and using it on an old Mc Dermott butt.
Good idea? Or save a bit more and get it with the matching butt?

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ob is now selling their break shafts seperatly.I was thinking of saving a few bucks and using it on an old Mc Dermott butt.

Just get a McDermott shaft and have a break tip put on it.

No need for a special break shaft that is over priced with a fancy logo on it.

WoodyMPW

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I have an OB break shaft and use it on a McDermott butt. Works great. Doubt the matching butt adds anything.

shanesinnott

Follow Through
Silver Member

You will enjoy our break shafts. Have you decided on the control or the speed yet?

You will have no issues using either one on your McDermott butt and as you said, it will save you a little as you don't have to buy a new cue.

With that said, we do believe that the butt of our Rift break cues makes a big difference due to the butt construction and the compound taper. However, as mentioned, if you just use our break shafts on a non OB butt, they will still work great.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think it's cool that the shafts are now available separate, but I also just saw the new black Rift and I like it!!!

The blue was always a turn off for me, but in black with the new more subdued logo...I think I might be needing to pick one of these up.

ob-rift-black-break-cues-no-wrap-rubber-grip-web-slide-obrb-obrrb-2016.jpg

shanesinnott

Follow Through
Silver Member
I think it's cool that the shafts are now available separate, but I also just saw the new black Rift and I like it!!!

The blue was always a turn off for me, but in black with the new more subdued logo...I think I might be needing to pick one of these up.

ob-rift-black-break-cues-no-wrap-rubber-grip-web-slide-obrb-obrrb-2016.jpg

Yeh, the Rift break cues and the Lift jump cues have all switched from blue to black, it was time for a change. Looks like the switch was a good idea. Lots of people that held off on ordering because they were blue now seem to be ordering or planning on ordering the black.

madhatter44

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You will enjoy our break shafts. Have you decided on the control or the speed yet?

You will have no issues using either one on your McDermott butt and as you said, it will save you a little as you don't have to buy a new cue.

With that said, we do believe that the butt of our Rift break cues makes a big difference due to the butt construction and the compound taper. However, as mentioned, if you just use our break shafts on a non OB butt, they will still work great.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks for your reply. I ordered the control version from Seyberts and am looking forward to trying it out as it is expected to be delivered tonight just in time for the weekend.