Thinking about a Schon/Bushka tribute,looking for pics.

batalarms

Ebony Hoppe Fanatic
Like the title says,Dean (Deanoc) is having Evan Clarke make a short tribute run of the Bushka that Willie used,but the tributes will have the last of the ivory joints from Schon.I would like to see a pic(s) of Willie's Bushka 4 point player.Any one have any pics of Willies Bushka or an identical tribute? Thanks in advance and a good weekend to all.
Marc

batalarms

Ebony Hoppe Fanatic
Thanks centerpunch.I had the first Bushka tribute and it was under a grand,lol.This batch Dean is having made will have an Ivory joint and the last ivory that Schon will be using due to the new regs.Evan Clarke said that when his supply of ivory is gone,he will not be using ivory anymore.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
It looks like some people were complaining about the points, neither of my Schons has points like that, is that a special tribute cue design feature?

batalarms

Ebony Hoppe Fanatic
It looks like some people were complaining about the points, neither of my Schons has points like that, is that a special tribute cue design feature?

Not sure what you mean by "design feature" If I am not mistaken,the complaint/comment was regarding the "rounded" points that Evan Clarke uses.When Bob Runde owned Schon and made the cues most/all his early cues had 'hand spliced" sharp points. The cue in my avatar is a Runde and I am posting a pic of the points with 5 veneers.Notice how they come to a very sharp point.Hope this helps explain the comments about "rounded" or CNC'd ( machined ) points versus hand cut.

Runde Hoppe1.jpg

Last edited:

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Marc,

This is really a question for Dean but you may have already learned the answer. Will these last ivory joint cues that use a classic Bushka design have sharp points & veneers? Will there be one design or is it like with the Jerry R. Bushka project underway and everyone submits what they want? Like I wrote, Dean is probably the guy to ask but my questions are in line with your thread so that's why I posted here.......besides, I figured you'd be in the know about the project's details.

Matt