mcdermott graphite cue

sausage

Banned
it's a POS. it has more deflection than a politician caught with a whore. i paid $60 for something that pisses me the hell off.

fsarfino

♔ ♕ ♖ ♗ ♘ ♙
Why not get a sneakie in the for sale section for 150 or so or one of the cues that rackem has for sale.

sausage

Banned
i don't want to spend 150 and still not be happy. with that crappy walmart mix-n-match 12.5mm cue that i made, i could really spin the cue and not lose control. with this mcdermott i can't put english on the fricking que! it keeps squirting WAY off-line. the shaft has no give.

Winston846

Aspiring 14.1 Player
Silver Member
I also have a deflection issue with my McDermott, but for $140, I knew I wasn't getting a top of the line cue. But it was mostly for bar leagues. And it still hits far better than the Viking that I paid nearly 3x that for.

Once my custom is ready, I'll probably have the cuemaker make me a shaft for the McDermott (my custom also has a 3/8" x 10 joint). Not only do these shafts tend to deflect, but I've also got some slight warpage in it already, and I haven't even had it a year yet.

sausage

Banned
i can't play with that mcdermott! the cue is freaking me out. i just posted that i went back to walmart and bought a CHEAP-AZZ, Sportcraft, fiberglass cue with a hollow shaft. it has very low deflection because the shaft IS hollow. i removed the screw-on tip and it plays quite well. after i paint it it will be fine. but if anyone wants to shark, this UGLY Sportcraft fiberglass is the cue for it. glue on a better tip and take it to the pool hall. when you pull that thing out, all the money players with their fancy high-deflection, ivory cues will snicker.

Duce

Engineer
Silver Member
Cues:

I just bought two Eliminator sneaky petes for $50. That's $25 a piece.

They are the best cues i've ever owned. Put a nice tip on them, and they perform better than a Bushka.

sausage

Banned
exactly... i'll check out those sneaky pete's. something tells me though that it's not going to outplay my cheapie wallyworld cue. lol...