Gold Crown Mutt Restoration... Thank you everyone!

rikdee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To my knowledge they were the same as the 1's, 2 short skirts, 1 on each side of the ball tray. 1 solid piece on the head rail blinds, and 1 left & 1 right for each long rail blind. I have however seen the short corners only too, but that was because someone cut them down in length.

There is a document on the internet that shows color photos of the GC variants from the I to the IV. In the GCII photo, the 'winglet skirts' are clearly shown and also described in a small write-up column astride the photo. Whether the document is original Brunswick is an open question although it appears genuine with accurate, comparative descriptions of the other models.

Last edited:

T3knkl

Registered
Did you have the rails rebuilt?

Yeah i did. I know you and this guy have a checkered past, so i'll just say he is in PA... I had them sent out before I came upon some threads on here that scared me a bit.

But, Ernesto was too busy and Mark Gregory didnt return my phone calls. I was in a hurry and had a timeline i was triyng to hit. I was however, very pleased with how they came out.

I want to give a a big thanks to Ken Hash as he gave me some time on the phone and some direction. His knowledge was huge. I needed the U Springs for the counters, a new brunswick rail badge, new bridge holders, new strecher brunswick label, new pockets... he had it all.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
00T0T_hUt5109vTtu_600x450.jpg

01414_4dOqbMP0dQ3_600x450_1485984327043.jpg

They run the full length of the side skirts, but are in 2 piece .

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
View attachment 448457

View attachment 448458

They run the full length of the side skirts, but are in 2 piece .

My GC still has those plastic gulley blinds but now that I am looking at that picture I am not sure my gulley blinds actually run beneath the ball box. The pictures of my table in my AZB photos does not have the gulley blinds on yet, they were still waiting to be painted at the time of the pics. I will have to take a look at it tonight and see.

rikdee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My GC still has those plastic gulley blinds but now that I am looking at that picture I am not sure my gulley blinds actually run beneath the ball box. The pictures of my table in my AZB photos does not have the gulley blinds on yet, they were still waiting to be painted at the time of the pics. I will have to take a look at it tonight and see.

the portion that seemingly runs beneath the box is just a flange of the end piece. In a properly sorted GC I, the L-shaped flange, which has one screw hole, is to fasten to the bottom of the box using a wooden block as somewhat of a bushing. I hand-fashioned mine out of balsa wood, then drilled for the screw hole. Provides for a nice secure fastening point for each end skirt. Not sure if Brunswick ever supplied the blocks, but it does show such an application in the GC I installation manual.

Last edited:

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
the portion that seemingly runs beneath the box is just a flange of the end piece. In a properly sorted GC I, the L-shaped flange, which has one screw hole, is to fasten to the bottom of the box using a wooden block as somewhat of a bushing. I hand-fashioned mine out of balsa wood, then drilled for the screw hole. Provides for a nice secure fastening point for each end skirt. Not sure if Brunswick ever supplied the blocks, but it does show such an application in the GC I installation manual.

Yeah, now that you mention the blocks at the ball box I remember mine is like that. I thought those blocks were kinda cheesy. As far as I know my GCI was in original condition as delivered by Brunswick, it was a privately purchased 2 owner table since new when I got it a few years ago.

rikdee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah, now that you mention the blocks at the ball box I remember mine is like that. I thought those blocks were kinda cheesy. As far as I know my GCI was in original condition as delivered by Brunswick, it was a privately purchased 2 owner table since new when I got it a few years ago.

I purchased my table from the original private owner. The skirt blocks were not present (assuming they were issued along with the table). But, creating a pair was an easy project. My first GC I, purchased used in the late '70s, was also without the blocks. I then made a pair from a harder wood, a bit of a job to shape. This time using balsa wood, they were easily shaped to perfection with sand paper while still providing a solid fix point.

Last edited:
Yeah i did. I know you and this guy have a checkered past, so i'll just say he is in PA... I had them sent out before I came upon some threads on here that scared me a bit.

But, Ernesto was too busy and Mark Gregory didnt return my phone calls. I was in a hurry and had a timeline i was triyng to hit. I was however, very pleased with how they came out.

I want to give a a big thanks to Ken Hash as he gave me some time on the phone and some direction. His knowledge was huge. I needed the U Springs for the counters, a new brunswick rail badge, new bridge holders, new strecher brunswick label, new pockets... he had it all.

Sorry buddy.....you never called me.....I answer my phone and if I miss a call I call them back.
Maybe you didn't want to spend the money I charge...and want to say I never called back.

Mark Gregory

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Sorry buddy.....you never called me.....I answer my phone and if I miss a call I call them back.
Maybe you didn't want to spend the money I charge...and want to say I never called back.

Mark Gregory

He had tablewreak' rebuild his rails, Rob K....LOL....kind of poetic if ya think about it....you get what you pay for.

He had tablewreak' rebuild his rails, Rob K....LOL....kind of poetic if ya think about it....you get what you pay for.

They can't hide from dawg....LMAO
They all say things that are not true......that way it looks like they tried to had the right job done.
I don't care who does someone's rails if I'm not doing them.....but don't say you can't get in touch with me.

Mark Gregory

T3knkl

Registered

Mark Gregory

Pretty darn sure I called you. But after that response I'll make sure to let anyone I know that ever looks for service to not. To sit there and insinuate that I avoided you due to price is just rude man. I don't troll these threads often, and i'm realizing why.

T3knkl

Registered

Hey man, I'm happy with the service I got. I am pretty sure the rails are exactly as I ordered them and the issues you see in the pictures are due to me (You know, the guy that is not a pool table mechanic) set them up.

RKC, what I specialize in is customer service. It is important to me. I am not a pool table mechanic, but went to where it was handled like a business. I did not attempt to contact you because your interaction with people is filterless. While some out there may accept being beat up mentally while letting you work on their equipment, I will not.

Continue being you, because well... obviously it's working for you... I guess.

Kinda regretting posting any of this and thinking for one second that this was positive community that would be supportive more that trash talking. Should have known I guess.