When will the Southwest cue market come crashing down?

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
You could have thought about the question I asked instead of going off on a rant.

Is 12 years the magic number? Is that how far they are booked when the phone finally stops ringing? Or do they start saying no at that level to new orders for 13 years out? If so why? Is 13 years too long?

I'm not emotionally involved with their cues or their business as you seem to be. Just asked a simple question. Why is 12 years the number?

JC

Its so simple yet you just dont get it... Supply, demand, construction, and an open phone line set the wait time. There I said it. Hope it serves you well. ANY cue maker would LOVE to have the interest SW has had for 35+ years.

Last edited:

JC

Coos Cues
Its so simple yet you just dont get it... Supply, demand, and an open phone line set the wait time. There I said it. Hope it serves you well. ANY cue maker would LOVE to have the interest SW has had for 35+ years.

Let's just go back a half dozen years and spare this thread the agony shall we?

Everything that has been said here or is going to be said here has already been uttered in this thread.

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=246170

If anyone has anything new please post. If not let this subject RIP.

JC

Canadian cue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I answered the numbers question in post #72 above, but then decided to edit out the numbers. But I can tell you that they have never made anywhere near 500 cues in a year. It's not a high-volume outfit.

Well I would like to know how they are able to gross 1.5 a year then. Unless the average selling price of a cue is a lot higher than I thought.

cueaddicts

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
Hasn't it kinda crashed already? Unless it's a brand spanking new one or an ebony/ebony one, they only seem to be getting these higher prices anymore in the Facebook raffles.....

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
Let's just go back a half dozen years and spare this thread the agony shall we?

Everything that has been said here or is going to be said here has already been uttered in this thread.

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=246170

If anyone has anything new please post. If not let this subject RIP.

JC

Synopsis: Life's a biatch then you order a SW.

Complain ALL you want, THEN you fess up AFTER you recieve your cue, that it was WAY worth the wait..

If you're one of those who are STILL complaining, you're in the VAST minority. "VAST" is the key word there...

No animosity here. Just reality.. Good rolls to you.

Last edited:

Shawn Armstrong

AZB deceased - stopped posting 5/13/2022
Silver Member
Synopsis: Life's a biatch then you order a SW.

Complain ALL you want, THEN you fess up AFTER you recieve your cue, that it was WAY worth the wait..

If you're one of those who are STILL complaining, you're in the VAST minority. "VAST" is the key word there...

No animosity here. Just reality.. Good rolls to you.

I played a friend's SW for a few racks. I wasn't overly blown away. Your friend, Keith, IMHO....makes a cue that hits every bit as good as a SW, if not better.

I think there are better cues to be had for less money and a shorter lead time. I think the reason SW has a long waiting list is the "mystique" of waiting for, and eventually owning, a South West.

ctran

You watch me.
Silver Member
so can it be concluded that hit is subjective, SW wait time, shop price and ready secondary market makes the prices keep going up. they are just good investments that mostly wont be played with?

I got it and now have adjusted my expectations for SW cues.

HoldemRw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have little different opinion I don't think market will come down anytime soon but will come down. I've only been selling on AZ about 8 years or so when I first joined u might see 5 to 10 SW cues for sale a year and all would be sold before 1st bump. Flip to this year or actually right now there are more than 5 or 6 on the boards for sale and 4 or 5 on ebay at all times. The people that have these cues some will run into financial difficulty and sell cheap if need be others will just be done with pool and willing sell quickly cheap to get into another hobby or venture. I've seen several including a franklin era 6 point 3 veneer mint condition 2 big shafts sit on this forum for 2700 for over a month and several others 28 to 3200 that don't move as quick as they use to. However I don't see them crashing anytime soon just slightly and slowly decreasing

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

pinoyincalgary

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have little different opinion I don't think market will come down anytime soon but will come down. I've only been selling on AZ about 8 years or so when I first joined u might see 5 to 10 SW cues for sale a year and all would be sold before 1st bump. Flip to this year or actually right now there are more than 5 or 6 on the boards for sale and 4 or 5 on ebay at all times. The people that have these cues some will run into financial difficulty and sell cheap if need be others will just be done with pool and willing sell quickly cheap to get into another hobby or venture. I've seen several including a franklin era 6 point 3 veneer mint condition 2 big shafts sit on this forum for 2700 for over a month and several others 28 to 3200 that don't move as quick as they use to. However I don't see them crashing anytime soon just slightly and slowly decreasing

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Funny u said that...I have been out of azb since 2012. Just looks here once in a blue moon but not regularly like before. I also noticed that there seems to be more sw for sale in the wanted section

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
I played a friend's SW for a few racks. I wasn't overly blown away. Your friend, Keith, IMHO....makes a cue that hits every bit as good as a SW, if not better.

I think there are better cues to be had for less money and a shorter lead time. I think the reason SW has a long waiting list is the "mystique" of waiting for, and eventually owning, a South West.

Youre right, my "friend" Keith does make a cue that hits every bit as well BUT that has nothing to do with SW desirability, or waiting list length.... Ive already explained that.

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
I just picked up a terrific playing South West in a trade, and I think I'm going to play with it.
60 " 30.25 / 29.75 and I just love the way it goes through the ball.
This is the first I've really been able to practice in five years, and not a lot of cues feel as comfortable and balanced as this South West.
I've always felt that if you're playing every day all cues hit pretty good, but when you're totally out of practice nothing feels right.