Whitten OR JB Case. No negative opinions. Just honesty.

DavidNYC83

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok, so to open up for everyone and the moderators, this is NOT A VERSUS thread. I know these two cases and case makers are the top of their class, sort of like Mercedes or BMW.

Now a little backstory:

I have a 3 hour lunch break from my job 3 days a week and am looking for something a little lighter than I currently have. Also the other truth is I am looking to downsize my equipment and get back to basics. I currently have a 3 x 6 Whitten case that I absolutely love, but I'm not opposed to trying out the "competition", as I've heard nothing but good things about JB Cases.

As I've stated, I currently have a 3 x 6 Whitten that I love, but it can get a little heavy for my daily commute by train (I usually am driving when I go to the pool room at night), plus as also stated, I'm just honestly looking to get back to basics.

I am looking for either a 1 x 2 or 2 x 3.

I'm just looking for honest opinions/reviews of people who've used these brands, especially on the JB side as I am more familiar with Whitten Cases from my personal end.

vladmin

Break'em dry !
Silver Member
Honest opinion.

Never owned a Whitten. But it's been now almost 6 years since I got my custom JB case. I do not have enough words to describe how happy I was and still am with it. After all this time there are no issues whatsoever. Zippers intact, leather is still in tip top condition.

Not to mention, John had (at that time, cant say now since I dont know) impeccable customer service skills. Kept me informed on every step, resolved any concern I had in the quickest fashion and followed up with me to see if I like the case or not. That was the cherry on top for me in this whole experience

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
Whittens were very heavy lime you said which is why i stayed away when i got back into the game again. So i went with JB as they have awesome protection & much lighter. I do hear they have a new lightweight version of whittens nkw but i think they cost an arm & leg. For the price, protection & weight, id go with JB.

Slasher

KE = 0.5 • m • v2
Silver Member
I sold my Whitten 2x4 and picked up a Rugged 2x3, the Whiten was just too heavy but It does have a good padded strap, the leather on the base wore out after a couple of years and the cues do rattle around and if you forget the joint protectors it can cut into the inside of the lid, ask me how I know :) Also after a while it is near impossible to get the plugs out of the tubes to adjust the length.

The Rugged I have only had for a short time but the construction is excellent and the materials seem like they will stand the test of time. The way it holds the cues is nice and needs no adjustment, just have to be aware of putting the butt in first. The pockets are great, large and plenty of room, great case regardless of price.

Maxx

AzB Platinum Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I wanted an inexpensive case to strap on a motorcycle, one that didn't matter if it got marked up by the bungee cord.

I ordered a JB 2x5/3x4 and am very pleased with it. Well made and very lightweight. I had an older Whitten and it probably will last for ever, but it is a heavyweight compared to the JB case. I kind of like the lighter case better. Cues load and unload very easily, you can do it without looking, good design.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
i own a 3x6 whitten and a 2x5/3x4 jb rugged
the whitten leather is much more elegant but much heavier
the rugged is lighter and i think gives better protection
this is not an equal choice for comparisons as both cases are so different and different in cost

pogmothoin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member