Earl Strickland lessons @ Steinway

jbygden

Registered
According to www.steinwaybilliards.com (and a lot of other sources) Earl is giving lessons there. Anyone knows how to check for availability and book? I've tried sending a Facebook message to them and an email to their official info-address but got no response whatsoever.

Mike81

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just called Steinway two weeks ago for the same reason and the woman I talked to said she just takes your name and number and passes it on to Earl. Obviously if he's playing somewhere else he's not available but she said he will call you back. I haven't heard anything yet from him, so it's possible he's busy.

trinacria

in efren we trust
Silver Member
earl is a gentleman and a class act outside of competition, and you will enjoy his lessons. hes a pretty good teacher and you will shoot better than you are while with him. he brings out your best game unintentionally.

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
Calling Steinway, and then talking directly to Earl is the best. From the times I seen Earl at Steinway, he doesn't look like a feller who checks facebook every 5 seconds.

jbygden

Registered
It's Steiway that's advertising lessons with Earl on their homepage. Clicking that link takes you to their Facebook page, which has no info whatsoever about the lessons.

Being European and just visiting for a limited time, I'd feel better knowing I have a booking coming in to town, and not having to go there and hope that he's in town and has time for a lesson.

Skickat från min iPhone med AzBilliards Forums

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I hope Earl acquires some protégés besides students.
His intensity and devotion to excellence should be passed on.

He reminds me of the three best teachers I had in school.....
....they demanded attention but were generous in giving it.

Chip Roberson

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hope Earl acquires some protégés besides students.
His intensity and devotion to excellence should be passed on.

He reminds me of the three best teachers I had in school.....
....they demanded attention but were generous in giving it.

Look no further than Adam Statton,,plays jam up. Johhny Archer felt that heat not long ago.

Jeff Rosen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was thinking about lessons from Earl for a while. I was at Steinway last fall practicing and he was practicing there. I went up to him asked about lessons, He first said maybe later if he has the time. About a half hour later he came over and we agreed on a lesson. I thought I needed work on my stroke and follow through. He said my stroke was OK but my closed bridge was atrocious and played with my fingers changing my bridge.
He was a perfect gentleman and very personable. Since I've been hanging around pool rooms for a while we had a number common friends. One thing though, he is a perfectionist and expects you to do it exactly the way he tells you. Also he's very much into spin and English.
A couple of weeks after the lesson my APA skill level went up from a 3 to a 4. and I won every match in my straight pool league afterward.
I would take more lessons from Earl if Steinway was a little more convenient on my days off. I'm also thinking of taking lessons from Tony Robles as I know him through the NAPL.

Jeff Rosen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One more thing. If you are at Steinway ask Anna who works on the counter. She'll give you Earl's card.

soon2bsleeved

Registered
I play at Steinway and you can find him there almost everyday by noon playing on Table 2 or 3..

If you are local just drive over and speak with him. He is a nice guy.

JC

KMRUNOUT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's Steiway that's advertising lessons with Earl on their homepage. Clicking that link takes you to their Facebook page, which has no info whatsoever about the lessons.

Being European and just visiting for a limited time, I'd feel better knowing I have a booking coming in to town, and not having to go there and hope that he's in town and has time for a lesson.

I have Earl's number. I could text him a message for you. I will try to open a spot in my mailbox so you can private message me your info. I've taken lessons with Earl and I think he is *exceptional*. You will not be disappointed.

KMRUNOUT

jbygden

Registered
I have Earl's number. I could text him a message for you. I will try to open a spot in my mailbox so you can private message me your info. I've taken lessons with Earl and I think he is *exceptional*. You will not be disappointed.

KMRUNOUT

Would you? That would be awesome, I'd be forever grateful!

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
How amazing to be able to get a lesson from the greatest documented(filmed) player of all time in 9ball and not far off in any game. This guy is simply genius! Think I'm gonna look into it.
Jayson Shaw needs to follow in Earls footsteps for teaching, he is the only person that is Earls equal or IMHO better than Earl in his prime. Those are size 38 shoes to fill.
Jason

jbygden

Registered
So, since it's my thread - I don't care about your opinion about Earls tantrums while playing. I'm just looking to get a lesson from one of the best players to ever play the game.
Could you please start your own thread if you feel the need to bash Earl!