Moving a Gold Crown

Playhard419

Registered
Will be breaking the table down completely and want to make sure from someone experienced here if all parts will fit in a 9ft. cargo Uhaul van? The table is a 9ft. btw.

kid

billiard mechanic
Silver Member
It should even if you leave the frame assembled. I'd take it apart tho : it's only a handfull of bolts and is lighter to carry

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant AzBilliards Forums

Playhard419

Registered
Well I took one of our 07 Lexus RX350 to break down rails and bring back what I could. Went back down today and brought back slate and frame broken down. It all fit well in the SUV. I live in Vegas and table was in Ft. Mohave, AZ so it was a two day process but super excited as its only had one recloth since 1963. Well worth my effort.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Well I took one of our 07 Lexus RX350 to break down rails and bring back what I could. Went back down today and brought back slate and frame broken down. It all fit well in the SUV. I live in Vegas and table was in Ft. Mohave, AZ so it was a two day process but super excited as its only had one recloth since 1963. Well worth my effort.

Nust a thought, you might want to check it for radiation:eek::D

realkingcobra

Silver Member

How was the cloth held on the rails and slate?

Playhard419

Registered
Sure, I would love to learn the trade!

It was held on with minimal staples.

I believe it's brunstone and not slate. Has a reddish tint with the beveled pockets.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Sure, I would love to learn the trade!

It was held on with minimal staples.

I believe it's brunstone and not slate. Has a reddish tint with the beveled pockets.

Yeah, it's Brunstone. Must have been a newer cloth install, tacks were used back when that table was built to hold the cloth on.

Playhard419

Registered
The lady I bought it from said she bought it new for her husband to keep him home but it didn't work lol. She is 79 yrs. old now n he passed away last year. they moved it from Simi Valley, CA in 1988 to Ft. Mohave, AZ. It was originally blue aprons with the white base n they painted it all brown. I'm looking to get it repainted all white with green Simonis with the the tournament style Brunswick lettering. Taking all the trim tmrw to get it refinished (powder coated) I suppose. Still has the Monarch Superspeed originals that are beat pretty bad. How do you get the Brunswick badge out thats riveted in? I would like to recess it in the rail a bit more.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
The lady I bought it from said she bought it new for her husband to keep him home but it didn't work lol. She is 79 yrs. old now n he passed away last year. they moved it from Simi Valley, CA in 1988 to Ft. Mohave, AZ. It was originally blue aprons with the white base n they painted it all brown. I'm looking to get it repainted all white with green Simonis with the the tournament style Brunswick lettering. Taking all the trim tmrw to get it refinished (powder coated) I suppose. Still has the Monarch Superspeed originals that are beat pretty bad. How do you get the Brunswick badge out thats riveted in? I would like to recess it in the rail a bit more.

If its plastic, its glued in. If its metal, 2 screws under the rail hold it in.

Playhard419

Registered
There are two holes on the backside of the rail but they're not screws but rivets almost as if they were pressed in somehow.