installed shims in pockets.

Hinekanman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When i had my table redone i had them make my pockets smaller. If i want to remove them do i have to do the rails over again with new cloth or can the cloth be removed and the shims removed and cloth put back on? Thanks for any help you guys can give.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
When i had my table redone i had them make my pockets smaller. If i want to remove them do i have to do the rails over again with new cloth or can the cloth be removed and the shims removed and cloth put back on? Thanks for any help you guys can give.

Well that all depends on what you want the pockets to look like afterwards...if the facings were stacked up, i suppose you could remove some of the facings. But if the rails were extended, there is nothing to remove to open the pockets up.

Hinekanman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If I remember correctly he used either shims or cardboard to tighten them. They weren't extended.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

mchnhed

I Came, I Shot, I Choked
Silver Member
Cardboard Shims for Pockets

I think you scared off all the True Table Mechanics when you mentioned Cardboard as a End Rail Cushion Material.

ONE Piece of 3/16" (Maybe 1/4") Neoprene. Hardness of 60.

Hinekanman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oh well that's fine. I actually don't remember what was used because it was done a few years ago and I didn't watch the installation. That's fine though, I figured I would ask, maybe get a couple good ideas. Thank you for your response.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Oh well that's fine. I actually don't remember what was used because it was done a few years ago and I didn't watch the installation. That's fine though, I figured I would ask, maybe get a couple good ideas. Thank you for your response.

The cloth is stretched tightly over the ends of the rails, stapled in place, then the excess trimmed off. I personally wouldn't try removing the extra facings and reinstalling the cloth, I'd replace it completely.