Shaw or Orcullo or Shane?

Ak Guy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So who is the top 9 and 10 baller now, is it between these three players? How about long sets, winner breaks with Magic Rack on a 10" table? Would the length of the sets and table size decide who wins?

Last edited:

Lesh

One Hole Thinkifier
Silver Member
Any conditions in a long set I think Shaw would fade, Orcollo might edge SVB, but maybe not if there was something to prove for Shane. GIve SVB a goal or a reason and he becomes a machine.

Lesh

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Dennis, Shane and Shaw in that order, in a long match for big money. It's very close between Dennis and Shane but what's telling is that Dennis wants this match and Shane does not. Of course Shane doesn't need to tangle with Dennis and why should he. Dennis depends a lot more on money games to make his living, whereas Shane no longer does. As for Shaw he hasn't been tested yet in the heat with guys this speed. He lost to Bergman but circumstances were against him there. Jayson may be ready to step out and take on some big guns for the cash soon, But meanwhile he's cleaning up the tournament circuit, threatening or winning in every one he plays.

Cezar Morales

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dennis, Shane and Shaw in that order, in a long match for big money. It's very close between Dennis and Shane but what's telling is that Dennis wants this match and Shane does not. Of course Shane doesn't need to tangle with Dennis and why should he. Dennis depends a lot more on money games to make his living, whereas Shane no longer does. As for Shaw he hasn't been tested yet in the heat with guys this speed. He lost to Bergman but circumstances were against him there. Jayson may be ready to step out and take on some big guns for the cash soon, But meanwhile he's cleaning up the tournament circuit, threatening or winning in every one he plays.

One thing i dont get about Dennis being so good in money games.
If Dennis is doing so well in money games, then why does he need a backer ?

Last time Shane n dennis was suppose to play for 50k,
Shane mailed a check in 2 sec , and when john french bailed, dennis was out too.
Seems like Shane wld play in a heartbeat with his own cash but dennis wldnt.
Both players has been playing in the US pro circuit for years, both relies heavily on tournament winnings n money games, so why does dennis needs backers while Shane doesnt ?

Mind sharing some info ?

My view is that its gonna be 50-50 dennis n shane 10 ball on 9 ft tables, but when playing on the 10 bigfoot, dennis not gonna like it, Shane will win by a considerable margin.

Shaw is coming up but he's not gonna like these 2 monsters but anyone aside apart from both Chang, Shaw !

King T

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lets get this straight.

Mind sharing some info?

!
That's what backers are for, backing and making games. It does not make you any less of a player when you WIN as much as Dennis does and play as strongly as Dennis does, to have people wanting to put Money up to see you play.

Backers do make Money when their man wins and the backers love to brag about winning too. Backer have more Money so why not let them take the risk, when they can more afford the loss.

Buddy Hall always had backers and Willie Mosconi never bet his own Money.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When its big stakes, Shane has a backer too. The guy posts here from time to time.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is it that hard to figure out? Dennis is a pool player, not a business man.

He needs a babysitter to keep him focused in directions that have promise for positive return.

He just can't walk around giving everybody whatever they ask for and the breaks too.

Babysitters know the locals and that is more valuable than being able to play good pool.

Last time Shane n dennis was suppose to play for 50k,
Shane mailed a check in 2 sec , and when john french bailed, dennis was out too.
Seems like Shane wld play in a heartbeat with his own cash but dennis wldnt.
Both players has been playing in the US pro circuit for years, both relies heavily on tournament winnings n money games, so why does dennis needs backers while Shane doesnt ?

Mind sharing some info ?

My view is that its gonna be 50-50 dennis n shane 10 ball on 9 ft tables, but when playing on the 10 bigfoot, dennis not gonna like it, Shane will win by a considerable margin.

Shaw is coming up but he's not gonna like these 2 monsters but anyone aside apart from both Chang, Shaw !

Cezar Morales

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is it that hard to figure out? Dennis is a pool player, not a business man.

He needs a babysitter to keep him focused in directions that have promise for positive return.

He just can't walk around giving everybody whatever they ask for and the breaks too.

Babysitters know the locals and that is more valuable than being able to play good pool.

Good point ! Thanks for clarifying !
But i think i didnt phrase my question properly.

So i get it that both have backers but why does Shane seems to be doing way better off if Dennis is presumed to be winning alot in tournaments and money games.
I mean Shane choose when he wants to play now n takes alot time off fishing while Dennis seems to be struggling financially trying to win every tournament n money game .

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Who has Jason beat for big cash ,, didn't Berg shoot his nuts off not to long back ,, doubt he's grown a bigger pair since

If you wanna live in the past thats ok.

You got action whenever they play. As a matter of fact you have action on every rotation game Shaw plays.
Come get some
Jason

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you wanna live in the past thats ok.

You got action whenever they play. As a matter of fact you have action on every rotation game Shaw plays.
Come get some
Jason

LOL the classic move ,,,, fact is it has not been that long ago I'm more than sure you'll get all the action you want when he has balls enough to play a race to 100 for 100k against either one ,, he's a great turney player , yet to prove he can step in the box with either of those assians and win
Till he does he can't even be in the conversation,,

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That is a whole lotta assuming there. Wow.
Good point ! Thanks for clarifying !
But i think i didnt phrase my question properly.

So i get it that both have backers but why does Shane seems to be doing way better off if Dennis is presumed to be winning alot in tournaments and money games.
I mean Shane choose when he wants to play now n takes alot time off fishing while Dennis seems to be struggling financially trying to win every tournament n money game .

dnixon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Their original post a question and had absolutely nothing to do with gambling. The question was who's better out of the three players on a 10 foot table I agreed with Jason it's only my thought that Mr. Shaw is a much better player on a 10 foot table

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jayson is the man to beat now in tourneys. Consistent last 4 finishes in last year in big tourneys -US Open, Kuwait Open, Chinese W8B, DCC, TS,Steinway
If his form continues for another 6 months, he is favorite to win upcoming W8B in Sep.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Their original post a question and had absolutely nothing to do with gambling. The question was who's better out of the three players on a 10 foot table I agreed with Jason it's only my thought that Mr. Shaw is a much better player on a 10 foot table

He asks if long sets and table matter you don't play long sets in tourney play

Cezar Morales

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He asks if long sets and table matter you don't play long sets in tourney play

With his shot-making . Yes.
But his consistency throughout a race to 100 will be tested.
Nonetheless a very exciting player with a lightning fast run-out. Love the way he sees through the layout so quickly n pick em on by one off the table.