drilling the slate

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Can It be done with a hand held tool?

I want to counter bore thru holes so I can use the bottom side of the slate, the side that's not damaged

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
What are you thinking, mounting the slate upside down?

Yes is I can countersink the holes that bolt the slate to the heater bed, I would just flip the slate over and use the side that's not jacked up at the seams

The top side is damaged, has some filler material that always shifts after installed, and I use royal pro carom cloth, it's probably the thinnest cloth on the market

Everything is the same on the bottom, holes match up
Just needs a counter sink so a few bolts sit under the surface

the bottom side is undamaged I would use that surface for playing

It's 50mm slate there is no wood base, it's slate on both sides ,it's not 1inch slate for a pool table that has particle board base

Last edited:

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Yes is I can countersink the holes that bolt the slate to the heater bed, I would just flip the slate over and use the side that's not jacked up at the seams

The top side is damaged, has some filler material that always shifts after installed, and I use royal pro carom cloth, it's probably the thinnest cloth on the market

Everything is the same on the bottom, holes match up
Just needs a counter sink so a few bolts sit under the surface

the bottom side is undamaged I would use that surface for playing

It's 50mm slate there is no wood base, it's slate on both sides ,it's not 1inch slate for a pool table that has particle board base

The best reason not to turn the slate upside down....is because it's only machined flat on the finished side, not the bottom side.