Lightening grain on shaft

RickLafayette

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Is there some way that I can lighten the darker color of some of the grain on my shaft? I'm talking about a few inches near the ferrule that is distracting in certain lighting. When I'm trying to focus on a shot, sometimes the last two inches or so of my shaft appears to be slightly curved and I have to turn the shaft until the darker grain disappears. I considered using bleach but I wanted to check here first to see if there was a better suggestion.
Thanks.

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
no...bleach will only weaken the wood....if youhad a long time you could tape if off and let the uv light sun bleach it.....but that would take years..

best possible fix would be sanding sealer and then a light stain like golden oak or something to that effect, could maybe even the tone of the shaft then finish off shaft as normal....

where ya get the shaft? i'm local could maybe take a look at it.

-Keebie

318-332-7240
keebie1984@gmail.com

RickLafayette

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thanks Ghost. It's a fairly new Predator shaft (314-3) and I really like it. I'm going to play with it for a while and see if I can get used to the distraction. Thanks for the tip. I'm going to stay away from the bleach.

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
Thanks Ghost. It's a fairly new Predator shaft (314-3) and I really like it. I'm going to play with it for a while and see if I can get used to the distraction. Thanks for the tip. I'm going to stay away from the bleach.

no problem. just hit me up if you ever need anything. tables, cues, repairs, lessons....or miscellaneous wooden items made like game calls and pocket chalkers :)

heres some good links on youtube to some of my stuff and other friends such as blackjack, Dr. Dave and cuestudent.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8CMpqWY1JcUmBwnwCk3QAQ?&ab_channel=GreyghostPool

for a better game,
G.G.

RickLafayette

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thanks much, Ghost. Where you located? I saw one of your videos with my friend Alvin Dugas playing the Doctor.