Schon vs Predator

Rampage8408

Registered
Ok so got a buddy who is lookin at either a sneaky pete predator or a schon stl.....either cue will have a z-2 tuned shaft????.....opinions

edep12

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok so got a buddy who is lookin at either a sneaky pete predator or a schon stl.....either cue will have a z-2 tuned shaft????.....opinions

Not sure if you have seen them or not, but Predator has come out with a couple new cues this week from their Roadline (Sneaky Pete) Series. They are called the Roadline Limited Edition 3 and 4. Haven't played with them but they look pretty sharp to me. The Predator website lists them at $649 ($699 w/their new Vantage shaft upgrade), but I saw them on ebay yesterday for $550 if you hurry. I'm not selling them or anything, just passing on info to my AZB bretheren.:smile:

Predator site link::

http://www.predatorcues.com/pool-cues/roadline/roadline-limited-edition-4/

Ebay auction I was referring to:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PREDATOR-PO...317?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20f1d0f745

Jdm34

jared marion
Silver Member
the balance and hit are a lot different.they both will hold value good too.The schon is the more expensive route if your going new.I shoot with an Ikon-3 with a first gen Z shaft love the weight and hit and the leather wrap is great. I was shooting with a schon stl-15 with a first gen predator 314 shaft a little heavy the hit was awesome didnt love the linen wrap. If I decide to pic another cue in the future it would be a tough choice for me.

ajie

Registered
i have played with predator ikon series, and mezz ec with wd700.

now i play with schon STL 3 with 314" for almost 2 weeks now.. love it. it has a perfect balance for me, the power also great and no need to mention about the 314" shaft. i don't like the schon original shaft though.

imho, if you want to play with schon, i suggest you combine it with 314", i think it's the best combination for me so far.. unless you are used to play with conventional shaft with lot of deflection..

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If the shaft is the same, it`s mostly cosmetics. Schon has steel joint, might give a little firmer hit, while Predator have a phenolic joint and a better weight bolt system and the ability to use an of the shelf extension.

porper-sig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sad that schon offers no true sneaky pete.. Only impregnated meucci style covered
wrap. :barf::barf::barf:

Rampage8408

Registered
so after all this reading Ive decided to upgrade my cue from a cuetec 360 to Predator SP60L and it should be at my doorstep tomorrow......I also went with the Z2 Tuned shaft from seyberts caus I do like a pro taper but wanted the smaller shaft and a Kamui black clear medium tip.......I cant wait to get it tomorrow and shoot with it before league on Tues.......thanks for all the help

porper-sig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
so after all this reading Ive decided to upgrade my cue from a cuetec 360 to Predator SP60L and it should be at my doorstep tomorrow......I also went with the Z2 Tuned shaft from seyberts caus I do like a pro taper but wanted the smaller shaft and a Kamui black clear medium tip.......I cant wait to get it tomorrow and shoot with it before league on Tues.......thanks for all the help

The Kamui upgrade should really help the feel.. Nice score!

Rampage8408

Registered
oh yea shot for about 3 hrs last nite and this cue is amazing......u can deff feel the diff between this and my old 360.....just feels right in my hands and Im super happy with my purchase!!!

Attachments

• cue1.jpg
    cue1.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 2,160

RADAR

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
oh yea shot for about 3 hrs last nite and this cue is amazing......u can deff feel the diff between this and my old 360.....just feels right in my hands and Im super happy with my purchase!!!

THIS CUE IS A MONSTER PLAYER!:shocked2:

Ty Arnold

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It might be a monster player. Yeah I have many custom cues and blah blah blah. But as long as the cue feels good and hits good in his hands it's a winner. Sounds like it plays well. Hope you win lots and learn lots with the cue.

cj609

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a Predator P3 and a Schon Ltd 1818 both with 314 2 amd z2 shafts. I use the Schon as my daily with a 30" 314 2 taken down to 12.5 with a kamui blk clear soft tip. Using a Mcdermott for 20 years and finally pulling the trigger on some new gear I must say I couldnt be happier with my choices. I think you will be happy with either a Predator or a Schon. Both play and feel phenomenal. I have yet to try my Schon with the Schon shaft it came with. I am just so used to predator shafts but maybe when league ends I'll play the summer with just the Schon. Sorry I know that probably didnt help you one bit . Good luck but you cant go wrong with either .