Cues in the $500 to $800 range

p00lp00l

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well I have been playing a few years now and I am starting to think of upgrading, which seems ridiculously hard since there are alot of good cues in this price range. I have been playing with a Lucasi Hybrid with a Lucasi Slim 11.75mm shaft for a couple years. I like it but am looking to to upgrade to something that I will most likely stay with for as long as I can :)

I guess I am just looking for opinions to try to narrow down my options, Im open to any brands and I live in Canada with no real shops around me so I would prob order online if that makes a difference. So what do you guys think is the best cue under $800?

Thanks for any feedback!

RSCA HOOLIGAN

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bob Danielson ( BD cues )

For that money Bob Danielson can make you a really beautifull cue that hits a ton .
I suggest you buy a SS360/2 shaft with it at 12,50mm , these shafts are made by Bob himself !
I also came from a 11,75mm shaft and changed it to a 12,5mm SS360/2 shaft , since then my level got better and better .

Bob Danielson really knows what he's doing .

I have yet to hear any bad word about his cues , they are awesome .

Christoph

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You will probably get a few, or many, suggestions but not one of them will be helpful because we all have our own opinions and preferences.
The best I could suggest is try and test hit any and all cues that you can wherever you play and find something you really like, that you can buy, or at least use as a reference to buy from.

CT06010

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You have so many options in that price range its ridiculous. OB, Predator, Mezz, Meucci, Customs, list goes on and on. You really have to test them out and see what feels best for you. Try and test some out and if you cant, read up as much as you can and just make a decision. Good Luck! Hope you find what your looking for.

ChessMaster

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Buy a Mezz w/ United Joint & WD 700 Shaft.. Can get for under $600 & trust me you will NOT find a better hitting player (custom or production) regardless of the amount of $... I have hit with Tascs, Searings, Szambotis, etc etc & the Mezz w WD 700 plays every bit as good if not better than all of them.
It won't hold it's value like the others but you want a player it will play w the best of the BEST��

theattendant

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This may be one of those threads that will get a million different answers from a million different people. When buying a cue for me, it's all down to what I like. Hit, feel, balance, it all comes into play. The one thing that is certain is that you have a ton of options as mentioned. I would say get a hold of as many cues as you can to hit a few balls with and see what you like and what feels comfortable.

p00lp00l

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah I figured it may be tough for anyone to really say "This is the cue you get in that price range" Just looking for opinions to somewhat narrow it down. Are there any brands I should stay away from?

And I will look into Bob Danielson as well thank you! Wish we had a good dealer here that I could just go to and actually hold some of these cues, I'll just go around asking to use evreyones cue on league nights :) hehe

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
i would also suggest you think about buying a used cue in that price range
it would be a little more fancy than a new one for the same price
and you could get one from a respected custom cue maker not a production cue
just a thought

CT06010

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i would also suggest you think about buying a used cue in that price range
it would be a little more fancy than a new one for the same price
and you could get one from a respected custom cue maker not a production cue
just a thought

I dont agree with buying a used cue unless your looking for just design, resale, or a top notch custom cue maker. If your looking for a playing cue todays production cues are MORE than enough. They have the latest technology and some companies have amazing warranties. There are dealers on this website that will help you depending on which cue you looking to buy. Just throw up a post on main forum when you figure out which companies your interested in.

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
No brainer...call Keith Josey 1-800-514-CUES and order a custom inlaid full splice exotic wood sneaky with 2 shafts... Best custom cue for the money available...

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I dont agree with buying a used cue unless your looking for just design, resale, or a top notch custom cue maker. If your looking for a playing cue todays production cues are MORE than enough. They have the latest technology and some companies have amazing warranties. There are dealers on this website that will help you depending on which cue you looking to buy. Just throw up a post on main forum when you figure out which companies your interested in.

we can agree to disagree