Wickliffe Lanes Billiards

ssbn610g

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am going to be in NE Ohio next week and was wondering if anyone has any experience playing in this room. I see they have a tourney on Tuesday nights. Is it worth playing in? Is it a handicapped tournament? Race to .....? Double elimination? If I am not too tired, I am thinking of playing.

I will probably go there and practice each day. Not a bad deal at $4 per hour during daylight hours.

Al

ssbn610g

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I went and played a couple of times while I was in NE Ohio. There were 12 tables in a separate room from the bowling alley. Not a bad environment and the lighting was adequate for me. The table I played on was pretty level which sported cloth that was on its last third of its life. The pockets were the tightest I have played on in a long while. You could not hit a down the rail hard, it would not go. Pocket speed is the operative word. Took me about 45 minutes to get my stroke str8ter and my head in good position over the cue to start pocketing balls as I expect too. Great training for me and I will go back when I am there again. For $4 an hour before 6 pm, this is a good deal.

Oh, I left NE Ohio on Saturday so I missed most of the snow machine although I did see about 8 inches on Friday. I might be stuck out there if I had waited as the road I use to get back to Mass. is closed last I heard.

Al