equipment preference?

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Say for the tighter pockets, only me to blame for my issues there

I have always struggled to play well with the higher end aramith sets, tournaments, centennials,etc
And diamond tables

Now that I've been playing on Brunswick medalists,the newer ones, and the old premiere set I just have a better feel of that combo and can move the cue ball around much easier
The diamond I played on at bogies has simonis but very well used, and the Brunswick at slick Willie's has championship cloth with way more tears in the cloth, doesn't seem to be stretched as tight either

Does it matter to any of you which set or table you play on?

Certainly better players than me shouldn't have much issue,
The aramith TV set just feels incredibly more dense than the old aramith set, especially played on the diamond, could the slate be that much thicker?

Mayb my cue plays a part in this as well

M.G.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Better balls mean better play needed. The do spring apart more, so you'll need to know more physics.
But then you can do amazing positional shots with em. It took about 6 weeks of weekly play to get accustomed to our own Pro Cup TV set, but I would never ever go back.

Learn to play slow, it helps!

Cheers,
M

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
i know for sure im playing too fast 80 percent of the time, and its just once i slow everything, my stroke, my breathing , once i get my arm under control i run more, smooth playing

i look at the shot, see the spot i need to hit, warm up, look at the object ball last, pull back pause and shoot smoothly

playing like that works well for me,

better balls need better play, well i would have to agree with that,im seeing the effects first hand