Bob Jewett-THANK YOU!

3RAILKICK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you for your sponsorship at DCC.

You also were right on top of things during the Final. Charlie had his back to the camera when the 'sleeve touch' foul was called. Charlie looked surprised. Both men appeared pretty tired in that match. That bobbled 3 ball? deflated Eckert a bit. Good job ref.

Get some rest.

Thanks

3railkick

selftaut

straight pool nut
Silver Member
I second that! Thank you once again Bob for you unwaivering support for straight pool! Another great event!

BayGene

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bob Jewett-Thank You!

I read that heading a lot, Bob. Thanks for everything you do for the sport-at Derby City, through the USBA, and now for the SBE 14.1 Challenge.

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
Bob Jewett

I was able to witness Bob's tireless efforts at Derby again this year. Every day, he would be in the room right after breakfast getting the tables and balls ready for whomever might appear at the door to take the challenge. He would work all day until late at night, leaving to grab a quick bite to eat only when he had someone else covering the room. On the final day, after breakfast Bob did not take a break until the finals were over (I snuck away and got a sandwich while Charlie was finishing the bonus part of his run and got back just as the finals were starting).

Kudos to Bob.:thumbup:

JimS

Grandpa & his grand boys.
Silver Member
(I snuck away and got a sandwich while Charlie was finishing the bonus part of his run and got back just as the finals were starting).

Kudos to Bob.:thumbup:

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

You.... you... you 'snuck' away!? You missed some 14:1 shots?! Just to eat!?

That is close to being beyond belief.

Thanks to Bob (and Dennis) and all the others who put so much time and effort into this event and the sport in general.

(I sure hope to get there next year and I'd be honored to lend a hand in any way I can.. and I mean that.)

We OWE you... big time!!!!

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
Yes, a big Thank You goes out to Bob for all he does to promote the game we all love. Hopefully Charlie and I will be at next years DCC to give bob a helping hand in the 2011 DCC 14.1 Challenge.

and thanks again for helping out on the VF event.

Steve

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... Thanks to Bob (and Dennis) and all the others who put so much time and effort into this event and the sport in general.....
It was my pleasure. Marop also put in long hours in the 14.1 room, and once again Elvicash installed his video equipment so we will be able to see John Schmidt's 156 and Johnny Archer's 146. Accu-stats will be out with John's 171 as soon as John does the commentary and the DVDs can be duplicated. I think John's practice 206 did not get captured.

This was the fifth year of the DCC 14.1 Challenge, and it will probably be the last. We are hoping for (and working towards) something even better next year.