Swedish 14.1 Championships (LIVE)

wigglybridge

14.1 straight pool!
Silver Member
thank you so much for posting this!

i haven't been able to watch during the day, but just watched some of the archived matches. nice playing, and VERY nice production!

and it helps me to brush up on my Svenska!

mjantti

Enjoying life
Silver Member
I have to admit, the stream if one of the best I've seen. Multiple angles and a really good quality! :thumbup::cool:

Last edited:

M.G.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How lovely the language sounds - reminds me of 2 very nice summers I had!

EDIT: The stream is done absolutely perfect. The Swedish - it's when you mix German excellence with American love for solitude and wide lands :D

Last edited:

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
O
Alright looks like straight pool is up again

Lovely free stream possibly the best ive ever seen
Very high quality

arnaldo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the link to the very enjoyable Swedish 14.1 matches.
That table's corner pockets have the shallowest shelves I've ever seen on *any* table, which aside from whatever width the pocket might be, is generally a big "forgiving" factor for ease of ball pocketing. Actually great for long 14.1 runs but probably out of shelf-depth specs required for international 14.1 tournaments in some venues.

Don't know if it's the camera angle, but the right corner pocket even seems to have a slightly shallower shelf than the left one. Could be the way the long rail was bolted on (fractionally closer to the table's lengthwise centerline -- it would appear).
Ultra-shallow shelves on Swedish 14.1 table.JPG
Arnaldo

mjantti

Enjoying life
Silver Member
Tom Storm plays 14.1 like a storm. Many years ago Tom was in Finland for a tournament. In the evening the local guys were playing some small stake friendly matches with him and they made a bet that Tom couldn't run a 100 in 14.1 with 5 tries. I think it was his second or third try Tom ran over 200.

wigglybridge

14.1 straight pool!
Silver Member
Storm really deserved to win that match, he was by far the better player. his opponent seemed obsessed with shooting off key balls and playing non patterns.

unfortunately, with those bucket-pockets, the cue ball found its way underground a few too many times...