Better Than Sex........?

SirBanksALot

NoMakeANoBallANoMoreA
Silver Member
Is manufacturing a break ball from almost impossible situations better than sex ?

I was so excited after ticking/kicking/bumping 3 break balls into place in the middle of a run, that I called Sandra Bullock and cancelled our date for the evening. The last one was with only 3 balls left on the table and I would have up the creek if it hadn't happened!!

(Sandy kept calling my cell and leaving messages all night. (I'm going to have to change my phone number-again!)::mad:)

Last edited:

jgpool

Cue ball draw with this?
Silver Member
Many pool games left

SirBanksALot said:
Is manufacturing a break ball from almost impossible situations better than sex ?

I was so excited after ticking/kicking/bumping 3 break balls into place in the middle of a run, that I called Sandra Bullock and cancelled our date for the evening. The last one was with only 3 balls left on the table I would have up the creek if it hadn't happened!!

Sandy kept calling my cell and leaving messages all night. (I'm going to have to change my phone number-again!)::mad:

There will be many pool games and break shots in your future. You should have gone on the date!!

SirBanksALot

NoMakeANoBallANoMoreA
Silver Member
jgpool said:
There will be many pool games and break shots in your future. You should have gone on the date!!

Yea-I know. We're going out tonight! Unless of course something else comes up:D

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
SirBanksALot said:

I was so excited after ticking/kicking/bumping 3 break balls into place in the middle of a run, that I called Sandra Bullock and cancelled our date for the evening. The last one was with only 3 balls left on the table I would have up the creek if it hadn't happened!!

Sandy kept calling my cell and leaving messages all night. (I'm going to have to change my phone number-again!)::mad:

A few weeks ago when I was playing my mentor with 6 balls left, I made a cut on the short bottom rail cue ball up to bump a break shot, leaving easy shot in other bottom pocket, picked up one in the side pocket,on the same side as previous shot, one top corner pocket, one in other top corner pocket getting close to middle of the table shape on the break shot and then made the break shot.

It was a neat feeling to see the bump and then properly execute the rest. By the way, he ran 61 on me and beat me but that was ok.

3andstop

Focus
Silver Member
I dunno, I think you may have done the right thing. The thing with a well manufactured break shot is you get to sink it and its over, with that date, they never leave ya alone again. :)

Williebetmore

Member, .25% Club
Silver Member
SirBanksALot said:

Sir,
I suppose it all depends on your level of accomplishment at both pasttimes.

I had the good fortune to match up in straight pool with a world champion. After seeing this player make several tremendously difficult shots without showing any evident pleasure at all, I asked, "at what point do you stop jumping up and down when you make a shot like that." The pro told me that the ball pocketing long ago became fairly automatic, and the greatest pleasure they experienced in pool was in the nudging of balls (correct side, correct speed) in proper cluster breaking, and in the manufacturing of break balls.

I have always heeded Babe Cranfield's advice to always manufacture another break shot if you have the opportunity to do it safely (even if you already have a good one available) - you never know when you may be forced to shoot the one you already have.

In a serious game of straight pool, I would say that break balls are manufactured at least once every 2 to 3 racks. Always be on the lookout for opportunities; and enjoy them (often better than sex).

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
SirBAL,

Let me make myself perfectly clear. There is nothing, in no kinda way, in any shape or form, anywhere on this planet that is better than sex. The worst sex I ever had was far and away better than ANY shot I ever made in a game of pool. I'm beginning to worry about some of you guys out there in cyberspace. Sex, it's the only thing that you can get YEARS behind on and get caught back up in a matter of hours!!! Sex, you can be awful at it and still enjoy it immensely. Try that with pool.

Maniac

Williebetmore

Member, .25% Club
Silver Member
Maniac said:
SirBAL,

The worst sex I ever had was far and away better than ANY shot I ever made in a game of pool. Maniac

Maniac,
And we are all worried about your level of dedication to the game....you need to get out there and practice.

jgpool

Cue ball draw with this?
Silver Member
Best of both worlds

SirBanksALot said:
Yea-I know. We're going out tonight! Unless of course something else comes up:D

You know you could go out with her and see what comes up too!!

SirBanksALot

NoMakeANoBallANoMoreA
Silver Member
Maniac said:
SirBAL,

Let me make myself perfectly clear. There is nothing, in no kinda way, in any shape or form, anywhere on this planet that is better than sex. The worst sex I ever had was far and away better than ANY shot I ever made in a game of pool. I'm beginning to worry about some of you guys out there in cyberspace. Sex, it's the only thing that you can get YEARS behind on and get caught back up in a matter of hours!!! Sex, you can be awful at it and still enjoy it immensely. Try that with pool.

Maniac

Mr. Maniac-I have not been YEARS behind on sex in a long, long time;) .

Whereas sex can be plentiful, magically bumping those break balls into place can be rare opportunities that must be seized upon.

However, be very clear that if I had to choose one or the other forever and a day - I'd be returning her phone calls!:D :D

Kevin

Dr. Kevorkian of Threads
Silver Member
Sir Banks A Lot:

No doubt your moniker makes clear marginal positional play, and why you are instead playing pool and not returning phone calls!

bruin70

don't wannabe M0DERATOR
Silver Member
SirBanksALot said:
[,,,,,,,,,,,,,that I called Sandra Bullock and cancelled our date for the evening. The last one was with only 3 balls left on the table I would have up the creek if it hadn't happened!!

..........YOU'RE NUTZ.............

supergreenman

truly addicted
Silver Member
Maniac said:
SirBAL,

Maniac
Heretic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok somebody get the kindling, you guys pound the stake, I want a fire big enough to put the whole inquisition to shame.

You sir are beyond redemption and must let the fire of a thousand cuetecs purify your soul.

Jimmy M.

Insomniac
Silver Member
It does feel good when you start to recognize opportunities to improve your layout but it still falls way short of sex. :cool:

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've been married for a long time. So the freguency of both is about the same. Pool I can play anytime. I'll take the sex when I can get it.

seymore15074

So what are you saying?
Silver Member
Maniac said:
SirBAL,

There is nothing, in no kinda way, in any shape or form, anywhere on this planet that is better than sex. The worst sex I ever had was far and away better than ANY shot I ever made in a game of pool. I'm beginning to worry about some of you guys out there in cyberspace.

I hope everyone reads and understands this paragraph. I second it.

bnall

<---Proud Dad
Silver Member
Jimmy M. said:
It does feel good when you start to recognize opportunities to improve your layout but it still falls way short of sex. :cool:

I'm married.......whats sex?:confused: