Chris Melling's 4 rail bank shot

smashmouth

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was expecting a "that was a standard one pocket shot" post from someone, but this was close LOL :cool::)

yeah, guessing PDCUE is yet another old time dinosaur whose has seen and knows everything but still stuck in 1977 not realizing the old time shots don't always play on equipment younger than your grandma

Reactions: JC

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
Anyone not admitting that the whole rack run out was not 1 of the best ever is just straight up ridiculous.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That shot comes up all the time in 1p, usually end game, with ob on foot rail and cb uptable.

Hit with pretty hard center outside, cb travels back up, ob goes toward TOWARD intended hole.

I doubt many people are angry enough at their money to take 1 shot to make it, esp on a table at a tournament.

pdcue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
yeah, guessing PDCUE is yet another old time dinosaur whose has seen and knows everything but still stuck in 1977 not realizing the old time shots don't always play on equipment younger than your grandma

You wanna play some Bank Pool Mr ashmouth?

Dale

That shot comes up all the time in 1p, usually end game, with ob on foot rail and cb uptable.

Hit with pretty hard center outside, cb travels back up, ob goes toward TOWARD intended hole.

I doubt many people are angry enough at their money to take 1 shot to make it, esp on a table at a tournament.

If that were a game of 1 pocket, the player would have hit the object ball much softer (just hard enough, so if he missed, it would be as close to the pocket as possible), right? Chris Melling shot that ball in much harder then any 1 pocket player would have. It was not a game of 1 pocket though (I understand that).

HaroldWilson

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think he is the only player to have played professional snooker, English billiards, English 8ball and American pool all during one season. So I am guessing he has a little knowledge in shot making :) Genius. I spent a day practising next to him once in Wales and he is a straight up guy, really nice bloke.

Captain18

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pretty good stuff right there... good combination of skill and luck. But like always... luck favors those who practice the most.

JC

Coos Cues
That timing shot was sick and yes one of the sickest outs ever

Sorry Charlie,

We shot that shot with our eye's closed back in the depression. Never missed it. A shot like that won't even make the warm up for a trick shot show.

We can settle this once and for all with a game of 14.1 to 500 on my antique brunswick with the good old nappy cloth. We had a real pool stroke back in WW2 you know. Blah blah blah blah blah..................

Lawn-01.jpg

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
So, when can we see other people post making the same shots on Youtube (uncut video)?

Sorry Charlie:

Not to rain on anybodys parade, but, IMHO -
that four railer was a hanger to any competent Bank Pool player.
They would know at a glance if the path to the pocket was open.

Dale(not quite competent Bank Pool player)

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry Charlie:

Not to rain on anybodys parade, but, IMHO -
that four railer was a hanger to any competent Bank Pool player.
They would know at a glance if the path to the pocket was open.

Dale(not quite competent Bank Pool player)
Well someone had to be the party pooper :rolleyes:

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You wanna play some Bank Pool Mr ashmouth?

Dale

I think the issue he had, which is shared by many others, is that you referred to it as a "hanger". While that particular four rail bank isn't the most difficult shot (with no traffic on the table), it sure isn't a hanger. Would you agree?

I'm sure Lou will be here to point out that I'm making assumptions here, but that's ok with me.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
was a great shot! I heard Chris Melling say this during the Kaci/ Majid Match: "I would rather go out trying, than go out hoping my opponent will miss" :)

Ched

"Hey ... I'm back"!
Silver Member
was a great shot! I heard Chris Melling say this during the Kaci/ Majid Match: "I would rather go out trying, than go out hoping my opponent will miss" :)

yea - fully agree. One of the things I /don't/ like about our local APA league games is the focus on safety play. I can see once in a while - but so many games seem to lead in that direction.

Ak Guy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I liked it!

That was a fun rack of pool to watch for sure! What made it even better to me was watching how pleased Melling was and Mika smiling and clapping for him.

Good stuff!

pdcue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think the issue he had, which is shared by many others, is that you referred to it as a "hanger". While that particular four rail bank isn't the most difficult shot (with no traffic on the table), it sure isn't a hanger. Would you agree?

I'm sure Lou will be here to point out that I'm making assumptions here, but that's ok with me.

Ok Ladies. If you watch closely you will observe he hits the ball "full in the face",
straight in to the rail, with no english. That is the DEFINITION of a DEAD BANK.

Tho there are balls on the table, it is also obvious to anyone that has played much
Bank Pool and/or 3 Cushion, none are in the path of the bank.

Before those who are doomed to misunderstand due to assuming,
the term 'dead bank' is NOT equivalent to 'dead combination'.

Dale