Another video from Stan: The How vs. The Why

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Your body follows the eyes, you bring you body/arms/hands into alignment with the shot.

Yes. I know that part.

But what happens when that change in alignment produces a lousy stroke? Or let's just say a less effective stroke?

Lou Figueroa

paultex

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes. I know that part.

But what happens when that change in alignment produces a lousy stroke? Or let's just say a less effective stroke?

Lou Figueroa

I've already addressed this question and the answer I recieved did not coincide with MY reality.....but I asked, so I can't always expect MY answer now can I?

It's probable a person can manipulate his stroke arm to the shoulder and neck, head and eyes and that's what I been working on for weeks now and it's not easy imo, but can be done. Don't see why not.

But for a visual system to override any body alignment skew or reach is not realistic imo unless one is blessed with the right mechanics and I haven't seen or heard of such a thing.

Granted, this topic is not high on the list of pool information or study from what I've explored.

I would be willing to bet your question is veiled, cough cough TRAP, but I guess I would have about the same difficulty to prove that along with the OJ trial and other such mysteries.

Sorry, but I was bored and wanted to be heard gosh darn it.

Back to the tables, enjoy your evening everyone.

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes. I know that part.

Lou Figueroa

Think about it a little, Lou. If a half tip pivot throws your stroke off that much, how can you ever play using english?

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
I was speaking to huge honking sweep motion on all the shots.

Lou Figueroa

And please do tell who uses a huge honking sweep motion with CTE? If that's what you think, once again it shows how little you know about this and why you've continued doing what you do over 20 years to knock it and start flame wars. There was in fact a player who had a sweep motion on his shots but it wasn't CTE that caused it. He also could have beaten you if his sweeping brain waves didn't take over at the wrong times. It was close as it was.

It should be a no brainer for you with the perfect stroke vs. CTE sweeping strokes as you've described to win another 10 grand since you're convinced it works that way.

Your choice of who you'd like to go up against in ANY GAME. 14.1; 1 pocket; banks; 9-ball; 10-ball; 8-ball; or American Rotation.

Let's see if your previous backer wants to post another $8 grand and your wife another $2 grand.

Here's your choices for an opponent with the "wonky stroke". Stan Shuffett;
Landon Shuffett; Tyler Styer; Stevie Moore; Gerry Williams.

Is your stroke better than theirs and will it stand up?

It's a no brainer for me. I'll take all the side bets from anyone who wants to bet on you.

Last edited:

paultex

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And please do tell who uses a huge honking sweep motion with CTE? If that's what you think, once again it shows how little you know about this and why you've continued doing what you do over 20 years to knock it and start flame wars. There was in fact a player who had a sweep motion on his shots but it wasn't CTE that caused it. He also could have beaten you if his sweeping brain waves didn't take over at the wrong times. It was close as it was.

It should be a no brainer for you with the perfect stroke vs. CTE sweeping strokes as you've described to win another 10 grand since you're convinced it works that way.

Your choice of who you'd like to go up against in ANY GAME. 14.1; 1 pocket; banks; 9-ball; 10-ball; 8-ball; or American Rotation.

Let's see if your previous backer wants to post another $8 grand and your wife another $2 grand.

Here's your choices for an opponent with the "wonky stroke". Stan Shuffett;
Landon Shuffett; Tyler Styer; Stevie Moore; Gerry Williams.

Is your stroke better than theirs and will it stand up?

It's a no brainer for me. I'll take all the side bets from anyone who wants to bet on you.

Why don't you put your own name on that list?

I'm not happy to see you back. I think you should be permanently bann'd and retina scann'd, so you be havin no chance on comin back mannnnn'd.

Hey mods, you can perma ban me any time you feel like.

Turn up the beat an leh'me come wit'sum game mang, talk'n about theez groupies who be try'n tuh claim sum fame mang.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member

I wouldn't want to be playing pool with Lou, in the same pool room, having a drink together, in the same building, or on the same city block. And I guarantee the feeling is mutual with him.

I'm not happy to see you back. I think you should be permanently bann'd and retina scann'd, so you be havin no chance on comin back mannnnn'd.

Good for you. If I was a pro wrestler I'd only want to be the villain.

Last edited:

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Hey mods, you can perma ban me any time you feel like.

Turn up the beat an leh'me come wit'sum game mang, talk'n about theez groupies who be try'n tuh claim sum fame mang.

Why do you want someone banned for speaking the truth on here?

paultex

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why do you want someone banned for speaking the truth on here?

Well, because I'm entitled to a opinion I guess but his retort to my statement got me thinking he ain't so bad. To be honest, I like spider spider uh duh uh duh, naw u ain't awl'right spider, you know yur a stumblin mumblin little *****?

Hey spi'duh, you know that cast on your foot, is bigg'uh dan yur fuggin head.

Go fug yourself paul.

OHHHHHH!!, dat spi'duh got alot of fuggin balls! Hey paul, you gonna let'him tawk to you like dat?

BANG BANG BANG BANG

Have a nice day y'all. Gonna go to dem tables and keep sqweezn out dat perception. I sees thangz, curved shaft left an right, balls bulgin right and left, dat cue ball be shine'n and dat cue ball be dull'n and it awl mean sumth'n mang an' I'ma come wit it.......awl summ'uh 18, awl summ'uh 18.

Im dat foo iz wut im sayin, run'n thangz round here, how do you leh me run'it round here, im not even from round here......EIGHT EIGHT EIGHT'TEEN.

paultex

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good for you. If I was a pro wrestler I'd only want to be the villain.

Yeah but dats played out an you need to come wit it an be duh true villan in terms of gett'n dat true boo's from duh crowd.

You ain't no villan mang.

Go do a pool video in a g-string, red comes to mind an I guess you can stuff a sock down "there" too so you be shine'n mein. You earn dat right wit a video like dat.

......wit black socks an black penny loafers an a white tank top an a big'ol gold medallion necklace play'uh.

Come on mang, be a true villan an sho the crowd SUMTIN. Be dat true villan mang.

Nawwwww, dats wut I thoughts!

🙃❤️🙋🏼🙂 bye spi'duh have a nice day. Welcome back I guess. I scurr'ed fo real an im not jok'n. Like dad bout to come home from woik an foo be hav'n awl dem F's n D's on dat report card mein. Oh noooo he juz pull up in duh 58 old's an he don't look to happy. Did moms call him up at woik an tell'em????😧😵😥😭😖😖

mohrt

Student of the Game
Silver Member
Yes. I know that part.

Lou Figueroa

I guess I don’t understand the question. You can do all of the CTE steps with the eyes. From aim lines to CCB. Then you bring your cue/body/arms/bridge onto CCB in a manner where your stroke is comfortable.

If you prefer manual pivoting, you have to learn where to put your body so that post-pivot is in a comfortable position.

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
Yeah but dats played out an you need to come wit it an be duh true villan in terms of gett'n dat true boo's from duh crowd.

Go do a pool video in a g-string, red comes to mind an I guess you can stuff a sock down "there" too so you be shine'n mein. You earn dat right wit a video like dat.

......wit black socks an black penny loafers an a white tank top an a big'ol gold medallion necklace play'uh.

Come on mang, be a true villan an sho the crowd SUMTIN. Be dat true villan mang.

🙃❤️🙋🏼🙂 bye spi'duh have a nice day. Welcome back I guess. I scurr'ed fo real an im not jok'n. Like dad bout to come home from woik an foo be hav'n awl dem F's n D's on dat report card mein. Oh noooo he juz pull up in duh 58 old's an he don't look to happy. Did moms call him up at woik an tell'em????😧😵😥😭😖😖

You make no sense . You ever need nothing I'm here for you.

paultex

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You make no sense . You ever need nothing I'm here for you.

"Ever need nothing": STOP + CONTEXTUAL EXAMINATION = analyze........COMPLETE:

NON SEQUITUR

I like it though, it warps the mind. If I ever need nothing I'll.....I'll.....yeah, good one, you got me there sir. Very well done.

QUESTION:

Are you that dude with the nuclear jacked up draw stroke shot? Can you link the video again if so?

Thanks

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I guess I don’t understand the question. You can do all of the CTE steps with the eyes. From aim lines to CCB. Then you bring your cue/body/arms/bridge onto CCB in a manner where your stroke is comfortable.

If you prefer manual pivoting, you have to learn where to put your body so that post-pivot is in a comfortable position.

That is not what's on the DVD.

On the DVD you are told to offset your body and slide into the shot. You have to pivot, sometimes turn, sometimes not. You have to change bridge length. There is movement of the cue after you’re down. There are other videos explaining how to determine the sweeps you need to do.

All these movements change a player's set up.

Lou Figueroa

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I'm interested in what everyone has to say, but google translate doesn't recognize the language you are using.

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
That is not what's on the DVD.

On the DVD you are told to offset your body and slide into the shot. You have to pivot, sometimes turn, sometimes not. You have to change bridge length. There is movement of the cue after you’re down. There are other videos explaining how to determine the sweeps you need to do.

All these movements change a player's set up.

Lou Figueroa

The slight alignment changes didn't mess me up, but that part about always having to pivot was really confusing, especially knowing that sometimes the perception (the initial CCB obtained from the visuals) is bound to already be lined up to pocket the ball -- no thinning or thickening the shot would be needed. I have been told by CTE experts that this never happens, that there always has to be a thin or thick pivot/sweep for every shot. But after rewatching a few of Stan's videos and figuring out exactly how the pivot angle affects the perception and shot angle, I'm convinced this is simply not true.

Here's a clip where Stan shoots a 15-outside (at 3:04). Because the main CCB perception line would slighty overcut the ball, he thickens it up with an outside pivot.

Clip at 3:04.....15° Perception w/outside pivot

At 4:03 in the same video he sets the shot up as a thinner cut and shows how the 15 perception would slighty undercut the ball, then he shoots it with a 15-inside to thin it up a little. This undoubtedly means that between the first 15 perception at 3:04 (which would hit an inch or so wide of the pocket) and the second 15 perception at 4:03 (which would hit an inch short of the pocket), there is a perfect angle where the 15 perception would hit center pocket with no need for a thin or thick pivot adjustment.

Clip at 4:03.....15° Perception w/inside pivot

These two shots show exactly what happens with the perception as the shot angle increases. As long as the distance between the CB and OB remains fairly the same, the 15 Perception leads to the exact same initial pre-pivot CCB alignment. That's why on a near straight-in shot the perception overcuts, while on a thinner shot the same perception undercuts. The shot angle changes, but as long as the distance between the balls doesn't change, the relationship/perspective between the two balls when using the same visuals (CTE and ETA in this case) will always lead to the same CCB perception one gets prior to any pivot adjustments. So as the shot angle changes, the 15 perception appropriately targets the OB across the mouth of the pocket, from left to right in this video example. If it's targeting too far left (overcut), you must use an outside pivot to thicken it up. If it's targeting too far right (undercut), you must thin it up with an inside pivot. At this point, thin enough for a 15-inside, the shot is on the borderline of the 30° perception, which means a 30-outside will work.

Last edited:

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Here's a clip where Stan shoots a 15-outside (at 3:04). Because the main CCB perception line would slighty overcut the ball, he thickens it up with an outside pivot.

Clip at 3:04.....15° Perception w/outside pivot

At 4:03 in the same video he sets the shot up as a thinner cut and shows how the 15 perception would slighty undercut the ball, then he shoots it with a 15-inside to thin it up a little. This undoubtedly means that between the first 15 perception at 3:04 (which would hit an inch or so wide of the pocket) and the second 15 perception at 4:03 (which would hit an inch short of the pocket), there is a perfect angle where the 15 perception would hit center pocket with no need for a thin or thick pivot adjustment.

Clip at 4:03.....15° Perception w/inside pivot

No it doesn't. But, since you don't believe that, why don't you make a short video showing us just where that angle is that needs no thickening or thinning. Shouldn't take you long at all to shoot the shots in between the two you used for an example.

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
No it doesn't. But, since you don't believe that, why don't you make a short video showing us just where that angle is that needs no thickening or thinning. Shouldn't take you long at all to shoot the shots in between the two you used for an example.

I may do that. But it's obvious that somewhere between the two shots Stan does in the video there would be a dead shot at the exact perception. If not, then how in the world would the entire pocket just happen to be skipped over by the simple perception. I mean, if he shoots straight through his perceived CCB at 3:04, the shot goes just left of the pocket. When he adds about another 15 to 20 degrees to the cut (at 4:03) the same perception targets the OB just right of the pocket.

This makes sense because the perception angle is determined by the visual relationship between the balls, how they are positioned from each other and from his visual perspective. He gets the same cut angle from both perceptions. That's why the first shot overcuts and the second shot undercuts. That extra few degrees of an angle difference between the two shots is exactly the same angle difference between where each ob is targeted, which means his 15° perception provides the same cut angle each time. If he had set the second shot up not so thin, his consistent 15 perception would've been sending the ball straight into the pocket. Unless he changes how he gets the perception.

Last edited: