Tiger ferrule. Trouble with tip sticking.

Cmbeers

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So I installed a Tiger Saber Ferrule on a customers shaft. Capped. He called me and said the tip came off. I'm thinking maybe it was my glue as the bottle was getting lower. So I get a new bottle of loctite professional, reface the ferrule, score it with a razor,etc. Standard tip install. He texts me saying it fell off again. He says he just glued it with gorilla glue and played with it for about 3 hours and it's good.

I'm really baffled. I've installed Juma, xtc, ivorine, etc. I've never run into this issue like this one. Does Loctite professional not work with that type of Ferrule? It's the first tiger ferrule that I've installed and it cut nice and finished exceptionally well. I was going to order more but now I'm skeptical.

Tip was Zan hybrid. I've done probably 20+ of these tips with no issue.

Any input would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Chris

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Never had a problem with Sabre-T and Loctite, I use 401 though.
Could it be that you by accident got sveat from your fingers on one of the surfaces, tip not perfectly flat or something like that?
Somtimes $hit happens...

cnyncrvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Like Kim, I use Saber-T ferrules on a regular basis with Loctite 401 and have yet to have a tip pop off. I do have a bit of a ritual how ever when replacing a tip and part of that ritual is to wipe the tip and ferrule after facing and sanding. Coming from an automotive/power sports back ground I learned a long time ago the importance of cleanliness so I use lint free paper towels when working on cues as well. Is it overkill???? Probably but again I have never once had a tip pop off.

Dave38

theemperorhasnoclotheson
Silver Member
So I installed a Tiger Saber Ferrule on a customers shaft. Capped. He called me and said the tip came off. I'm thinking maybe it was my glue as the bottle was getting lower. So I get a new bottle of loctite professional, reface the ferrule, score it with a razor,etc. Standard tip install. He texts me saying it fell off again. He says he just glued it with gorilla glue and played with it for about 3 hours and it's good.

I'm really baffled. I've installed Juma, xtc, ivorine, etc. I've never run into this issue like this one. Does Loctite professional not work with that type of Ferrule? It's the first tiger ferrule that I've installed and it cut nice and finished exceptionally well. I was going to order more but now I'm skeptical.

Tip was Zan hybrid. I've done probably 20+ of these tips with no issue.

Any input would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Chris
Do you prime the tip before installing it? If not, it's possible to have the glue soak into the tip and create a dry joint.
Dave

Cmbeers

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you. I do prime the tip. Tiger contacted me also. I'm guessing it was just a fluke it something. Thanks for the input.