Medium Stiff Hit Cues

jesinspirment

Registered
I have personally tried a Capone cue, and I classify the cue as medium stiff.

Which other cuemakers make cues with medium stiff hits?

Don't tell me to just get a cue from Capone, because I already ordered a plane jane from him just a week ago. :D

Joqpub4

AZB GOLD
Silver Member
Saint1 interesting list... I personally wouldn't classify my Madden as medium stiff, but then a lot of Jack's cues have a SS joint (mine doesn't) which would change the hit significantly.

My joss (non stainless joint), chuck starkey, BCM, Chester Krick and Dominiak (001) I would classify that way... Joss (SS joint) and Dieckman are STIFF.

For me, it is combination of factors, shaft taper is huge, joint material (affects vibration) Ferrule/tip combination and the woods used.

Good luck in your search and of course, YMMV.

Joe

saint1

saint1
Silver Member
Well he changed his shaft taper in 2009. So there you go. I sent him my old Franklin S.W. and he then made the change. None of mine are S. S. joints. I think his finish work is the best I have seen also and his shafts are like glass.

97Buick22

Go Blackhawks!
Silver Member
I have personally tried a Capone cue, and I classify the cue as medium stiff.

Which other cuemakers make cues with medium stiff hits?

Don't tell me to just get a cue from Capone, because I already ordered a plane jane from him just a week ago. :D

I classify my cues in the Medium/Stiff catagory. Tattoo knows;)

taemin952

XiaoTing Pan's Soulmate
Silver Member
SS joint cues

IMO, I'd venture to say 90% of cues with a steel joint as having a Med. stiff to stiff hit. Examples are Pechauer, Schon, select Vikings and select McDermott. Just my .0000000000002 though.

I classify my cues in the Medium/Stiff catagory. Tattoo knows;)

Last edited:

saint1

saint1
Silver Member
I would have to disagree with that. First I think your talking about more of feed back or feel of the hit with includes the sound of the hit also and greatly determined by the tip. I believe the first post was asking about shaft stiffness, taper, flex, etc. I own several steel jointed cues and they certainly do not have a harder or crisper hit than all my non steel jointed cues. And I put the same tips on all my cues. In fact Schon pretty much pioneered the steel over phenolic joint and their reason was to soften the hit. Seems so many people think if its steel jointed or if a cue has Ivory ferrules than they have a harder hit. I disagree.