When a cue is described as "dead straight"

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
It needs to spin like this one. Please note that it isn't between centers. I made this to show the cue flippers but figured you guys might smile at it, early 1940s Brunswick. How's the pin install looking?

https://youtu.be/_dsuGwhxK14

CuesDirectly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It needs to spin like this one. Please note that it isn't between centers. I made this to show the cue flippers but figured you guys might smile at it, early 1940s Brunswick. How's the pin install looking?

https://youtu.be/_dsuGwhxK14

You posted this is two places?

Bad advice upon bad advice?

Dial Indicator SHOULD be your Friend but I don't see one, I do see a wobble. Spinning it like that while wobbling is so bad for the pin but you may not notice it.

I don't intend to be a meany pie poopy head or anything, just trying to help.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
You posted this is two places?

Bad advice upon bad advice?

Dial Indicator SHOULD be your Friend but I don't see one, I do see a wobble. Spinning it like that while wobbling is so bad for the pin but you may not notice it.

I don't intend to be a meany pie poopy head or anything, just trying to help.

I bumped the crappy table the Porper is on, I was at the pool hall doing some cleanings and that's all they have. Thats what caused the little shake that you saw. I'll chuck it up with an indicator and show the .002" I read on the buttsleeve, but I only had two hands and left my mag base indicator at home.

CuesDirectly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bumped the crappy table the Porper is on, I was at the pool hall doing some cleanings and that's all they have. Thats what caused the little shake that you saw. I'll chuck it up with an indicator and show the .002" I read on the buttsleeve, but I only had two hands and left my mag base indicator at home.

I understand. Spinning like that most likely has caused problems with your pin, had you left it running for an hour, it would be in pieces.

Good luck.

Mcues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
dead straight

You can spin a shaft that way. Too much weight at the wrong end to be spinning a butt, sure way to add a few thousands of mis-alignment.
It does look impressive though :)

Mario