Aiming adjustment for throw

Nine ... corner

BANNED
Silver Member
This is my first visit to this forum so if my question has been discussed ad nauseam I apologize. OK, that having been said, here is my question. When cutting a ball into the corner and using left or right English to come off the end rail a certain way for positional purposes how do you normally adjust for the throw on the object ball?

1. Move your aiming point on the object ball in the direction of the throw or,
2. Move your aiming point slightly to the left or right in the pocket itself?

I know it becomes the same thing in terms of result but was curious how most players handle this situation. Thanks.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
This is my first visit to this forum so if my question has been discussed ad nauseam I apologize. OK, that having been said, here is my question. When cutting a ball into the corner and using left or right English to come off the end rail a certain way for positional purposes how do you normally adjust for the throw on the object ball?

I know it becomes the same thing in terms of result but was curious how most players handle this situation. Thanks.

If you were doing it, how would you apply the English? Parallel, backhand pivot, tuck or roll? But to give you an answer, #2 more than likely wouldn't be a consideration for me unless it was a hanger or very close to the pocket.

Last edited:

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member

It would depend on where your position needs to be for the next shot. Make a diagram of the shot other wise there are many variables in your question. When English is applied distance an speed will always need to be adjusted for. I tend to play on thick side of the shot a lot.

Vorpal Cue

Just galumping back
Silver Member
Don't forget the Search Tab

Here's the last five topics started about using english. The forum has a good search feature to mine information. Look at the row of yellow tabs near the top of the page. I put the words - apply english - in the search box for the results. There's multiple pages to look through.

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?420321&p=5475770#post5475770 - 12 posts

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?312004&p=4066222#post4066222 - 20 posts

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?350884&p=4574269#post4574269 - 5 posts

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?417427&p=5439742#post5439742 - 43 posts

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?277565&p=3628153#post3628153 - 25 posts

Hope you find the answer you're looking for without digging too deep.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I aim by fullness of hit on the OB.

To answer your question about adjustments for throw/squirt/speed, I make the aim adjustment with the overlap on the OB, and keep the precise spot the OB will hit the pocket the same.

I don’t say to myself “let me pretend the pocke is 3” to the left, etc”.

Although I agree, both methods would yield the same aim adjustment.

paultex

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In general, the answer is universally simple.....in general.

If one is cutting a 20 degree shot to right corner pocket with inside spin to make the cb, after object ball contact, go two rails, bottom rail, then side rail, the more you thicken up the shot relationship in your perception, the more you will deflect the cb after contact with ob because the thick "aim" will force more cb sqwirt and generally more speed of stroke delivery to produce the sqwirt. It has to or else, in general, you will miss thick if one strokes too soft......in general.

This will help in cases of trying to go more up table with the cb in this particular case.

The question itself is relative to manipulating stroke direction in conjunction with aim or I prefer "perception", which I believe is the more relative term because its a matter of illusion mixed with reality.

One can aim this shot entirely different than described and achieve the same effect in reality, so there is no real definitive answer, based on individuality because its a matter of scope in conjunction with rifle.

But in general, the shot described is pretty common with most players as to formulation and effect.

It would be a rare case that a player, right handed, would achieve the same effect by thinning up the relationship and achieve the same sqwirt/deflect and I digress to achieve this, his/her perception is rather funky, but if consistent with all shots and not a bandaid for particular few shots, then more power to them.

If it is a bandaid to remedy a few shots one has trouble lining up on for some reason, then there is a big problem going on that will come home to roost eventually because there is a tweener out there, more than one of course, that is lurking to miss/torture that "shot", whatever it may be and send you to yo chair mang and yo opponent be like all happy feet in shit if you continue missing dem tweeners and then he gonna be getting too many trips to the table and then start acting like he doing something really big and measuring off shots and jacking up options as if he got sum big'ol bag of shot arsenals all because you be missing in that particular way that allows this behavior to happen and that is a magic show that makes me want to open my mouth wide and bite into a hornet nest and french kiss it manggg......but its out there like predator and it ain't no man.

.........we're awwwl gonna die.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    24.5 KB · Views: 231
Last edited:

goettlicher

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Which kind of throw?

CIT?
SIT?

randyg