Sub rail

winners07

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Has anyone added to the sub rail without replacing the rubber, have you tried to pull about half of the rubber loose from the rail and then stretch the rubber over to the new sub rail and reglue it in place, if the rubber is not bad i hate to replace it to tighten up the pockets, your only talking about 1/8 to 3/16" just checking if anyone had tried it. thanks

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Has anyone added to the sub rail without replacing the rubber, have you tried to pull about half of the rubber loose from the rail and then stretch the rubber over to the new sub rail and reglue it in place, if the rubber is not bad i hate to replace it to tighten up the pockets, your only talking about 1/8 to 3/16" just checking if anyone had tried it. thanks

I'm not a table mechanic or elastomeric engineer, but I would think stretching it would distort the proper dimensions causing playability issues.

JC

Coos Cues
Take a rail off and take half a rail loose and try it. Restaple it and just leave the pocket loose and bolt it back on. See how balls bounce off of it compared to the other rails. Shouldn't take long. Let us know the results. My bet is you won't notice the difference.

JC

Poolschool

Pool table nerd
Silver Member
Please don't do that... Cushions have a nylon backing and they don't stretch like you are imagining.