Brunswick Name Plate

BFC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Saw this on an old pool table the other day...

Anyone recognize this brunswick Name plate?

I can't find any detroit pool halls with that name...

Attachments

• 1516657642_20180122_150143.jpg
    1516657642_20180122_150143.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 365

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
Tables

I’ve have not seen it but I know Brunswick used to support pool rooms and bowling centers and don’t doubt they could make custom name plates like that.... used to is the key word...
What table is that name plate attached too...?

Rob.M

rikdee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd guess it's an in-house nameplate created by Q-Master. Q/M was a billiard supply company on McNicoles (Six Mile Rd) in Detroit and operated during the 60s/70s and perhaps beyond. I believe it was owned by Bob Mullen who was also the chief editor for the then National Billiard News, a monthly newspaper-like publication to which I was a subscriber for a number of years. I purchased my first table from Mr. Mullen, a used GCI for $500 in early 1978.

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd guess it's an in-house nameplate created by Q-Master. Q/M was a billiard supply company on McNicoles (Six Mile Rd) in Detroit and operated during the 60s/70s and perhaps beyond. I believe it was owned by Bob Mullen who was also the chief editor for the then National Billiard News, a monthly newspaper-like publication to which I was a subscriber for a number of years. I purchased my first table from Mr. Mullen, a used GCI for $500 in early 1978.

I was thinking the same. A supplier, not really a pool hall. Looks like a generic data plate for Q/M and Brunswick and whatever city the dealer was located in would get the city stamped on it. I'm just guessing here, but thinking that Q/M was a pretty big operation with multiple locations?

rikdee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was thinking the same. A supplier, not really a pool hall. Looks like a generic data plate for Q/M and Brunswick and whatever city the dealer was located in would get the city stamped on it. I'm just guessing here, but thinking that Q/M was a pretty big operation with multiple locations?

I don't recall Q/M being more than a one location operation. It wasn't a very large or fancy place, nothing on the scale of billiard supply companies of the present day. But, I could be mistaken on this point.