Schmelke or Meucci?

Rono8275

Registered
I'm playing with 150 McDermott but am thinking of changing. I like the idea of customizing a cue from Schmelke but also like a couple of the Meucci's and their reputation.
Any ideas/thoughts?
Thanks

BigBoof

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you think all else is equal, you should judge your choice based on the style you prefer. Also, desired shaft would also be a factor.

Personally, I prefer nice looking wood, either highly figured merry widow or old style 4 point cues, veneers or not. Meucci has a style that differs for me, for the most part.

If you do go with schmelke, ask for a standard pin and standard thickness at the joint to maximize your compatibility for aftermarket shafts. 3/8-10 is a good choice.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Jonbouy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Schmelke makes great cues. I've never owned a Meucci so I can not give an opinion on them. The customer service from Schmelke is over the top excellent. You can't go wrong with them, especially with their price points.

ddg45

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm playing with 150 McDermott but am thinking of changing. I like the idea of customizing a cue from Schmelke but also like a couple of the Meucci's and their reputation.
Any ideas/thoughts?
Thanks
I just bought a Schmelke Sneaky Pete. It's beautiful, plays extremely well, I got it at a bargain price, and the customer service was excellent. It seems to have a slender butt compared to the McDermott I had and I got it with a 3/8x10 joint and agree with BigBoof's comment on that.
I've never played Meucci but if you read comments that have been made in this forum there is clearly a history of quality issues at Meucci in recent years and a lot of people who have been very unhappy with their Meucci cues. Not that they can't make a good product and don't have a lot of loyal users but I haven't seen a single negative remark about Schmelke. Just what I've observed here for whatever that's worth.