2 7 2 System

Art Amato

Registered
I read that The Monk teaches the 2 7 2 system that deals with the cb tracking towards the center of table thus avoiding a scratch. Can you expand on this system?

Ralph Kramden

BOOM!.. ZOOM!.. MOON!
Silver Member
I read that The Monk teaches the 2 7 2 system that deals with the cb tracking towards the center of table thus avoiding a scratch. Can you expand on this system?

Art.... I'm not an instructor but my understanding of 2-7-2 is for CB speed control.

With your CB on the center spot... you'll aim at the 2nd diamond on one long rail.
The CB goes from 2nd diamond to 7th diamond on a short rail (middle diamond)
The CB heads to the 2nd diamond on a opposite long rail. and to the center spot.

That's it.. 2-7-2 speed control. Not easy as you need spin to stop at exact center.
If the CB takes a 45 degree route off the end rail, it will track toward middle table.

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member

Art.... I'm not an instructor but my understanding of 2-7-2 is for CB speed control.

With your CB on the center spot... you'll aim at the 2nd diamond on one long rail.

The CB goes from 2nd diamond to 7th diamond on a short rail (middle diamond)

The CB heads to the 2nd diamond on a opposite long rail. and to the center spot.

That's it.. 2-7-2 speed control. Not easy as you need spin to stop at exact center.

If the CB takes a 45 degree route off the end rail, it will track toward middle table.

Lmao we used to do that for a dollar or two a pop and lay a dime down base of ball and be 5-6 men deep in Tulsa up at the palace.

Good times. Dammed good drill

It’s similar to the one I show guys with the cue ball.

Take all 16 balls behind the kitchen.

Take cb first.

Shoot it to the spot.

The object is to get it on the spot.

Of course effren....you failed lol.

Leave it where it is and now shoot the other balls off rails, off each other or directly into the cb....trying to land the cb on the spot.

Each ball lays and stays where it is at after you shoot.

So you have 16 tries to get that cb on that spot.

It’s much harder...yet much easier than it looks in some ways.

Accuracy and good speed control will get you there in 4-6 consistently. Sloppy poor shooting lack of kicking, Carom and bank angles and speed control will get you frustrated mad taking balls off another table 🤣

It’s a good practice game alone or partners even taking turns to shoot

One can gamble at that as well lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member
Control - 2-7-2 page 73, Encyclopedia of Pocket Billiards, Johnny Holiday.

211b7e_0de1db6e4abd425095a8d13a6f6ab7c1~mv2.webp

BilliardsAbout

BondFanEvents.com
Silver Member
Yessir! I talked with TK some about Johnny H's stuff--I love this little shot with a dash of spin to roll the cue ball to the table's middle.