Bob Frey butterfly sneaky. Great deal

devorator

Ipoolmyheart@thetable
Silver Member
Rating - 99.2%
127   1   1
The "F" looks odd - any history on the cue? Did you buy this from Bob?

You mean like this:
BOB%20FREY1.jpg
(googled it)

It's the other logo Bob uses.

It's perfectly authentic IMO.

Chris

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
I have a super nice Frey butterfly sneaky. The butt is in near mint shape with just a little smudge by the butt cap. Shaft shows some blue but has no nicks or anything. Butt is dead straight and the shaft has the slightest taper roll. Absolutely fantastic player. Bob's cues are the nuts.

bacote into straight grain maple front

Butt: 15.4 oz, butterfly splice, 3/8 x 10

Shaft: 3.8 oz, 5/8” aegis ferrule, 13mm LePro tip

Value priced at 315 shipped. PayPal as a gift or ads for fees. Not trades unless its way in my favor cause Im giving this thing away. Need some cash.

Sold - thanks! I'll add the 3%.

Last edited:

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
Nice buy. That cue is hot.

Perhaps someone could explain that butterfly in a way I'd understand. Is that a splice down there?

Before the cue is turned, the bocote handle is a rectangular block. It is cut at an angle and a piece removed where the butterflies are installed. Then a simple stack of wood veneers that were glued up and laminated together are added to that angular cut. Then another piece of wood is added on top of that. In this case the veneers are a stack of black, yellow, green and red veneers. Then a piece of wood is put back on that (in this case ebony) and added to the butt before it was turned.

It's the the taper of the butt and the angle of the original cut that makes them look like butterfly's are offset when turned and revealed.

FYI I'm putting together a mini collection of interesting Sneaky Pete's as a display for the pool room of the new house. Some are being custom made. I've been contacting various cue makers about it. I just liked the look of this sneaky. It's different and that's what I'm going for.

Last edited:

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
Before the cue is turned, the bocote handle is a rectangular block. It is cut at an angle and a piece removed where the butterflies are installed. Then a simple stack of wood veneers that were glued up and laminated together are added to that angular cut. Then another piece of wood is added on top of that. In this case the veneers are a stack of black, yellow, green and red veneers. Then a piece of wood is put back on that (in this case ebony) and added to the butt before it was turned.

It's the the taper of the butt that makes them look like butterfly's are offset when turned and revealed..

I think I can see that, thanks.

Its a cool effect.

gkloop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
87   0   0
That "F" logo is authentic. It's Bob's newer logo put only on special or higher end cues. The butterfly is spliced into the butt and at a steal of a price! Someone got a great deal!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
That "F" logo is authentic. It's Bob's newer logo put only on special or higher end cues. The butterfly is spliced into the butt and at a steal of a price! Someone got a great deal!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info - I got it and I'm sure I'll be happy with the cue.