Bergman calls out Boyes on Facebook

Wedge

WO Wedge Lock
Silver Member
Bergman's latest Facebook BS

Sky Woodward and me have a $100k match $50,000 a team big table 9 ball. John French is in charge of the money and he wants to pick a place that is going to cater to the players. So if anyone pool room is interested in having this match please get ahold of me or Skyler.

He won't say who they are playing

Wedge

He hasn't posted on AZ since 2014. Probably knows the forum folks will see through his BS challenges!

Last edited:

ziggystardust

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
wedgie

Wedge

He hasn't posted on AZ since 2014. Probably knows the forum folks will see through his BS challenges![/QUOTE]

Since you seem to be one of the forum folks, let us in on some of the
BS challenges. Danny Smith one pocket...nah they played
Jason Shaw...damn they played also
Dennis and Roberto(i think it was Roberto) him and Sky played
Johnny and Rodney hmmmm...no they played
Dennis big table.....watched it.

Please tell whom I missing?

Happy New Year.
Carl

Wedge

WO Wedge Lock
Silver Member
Yep

Wedge

He hasn't posted on AZ since 2014. Probably knows the forum folks will see through his BS challenges!

Since you seem to be one of the forum folks, let us in on some of the
BS challenges. Danny Smith one pocket...nah they played
Jason Shaw...damn they played also
Dennis and Roberto(i think it was Roberto) him and Sky played
Johnny and Rodney hmmmm...no they played
Dennis big table.....watched it.

Please tell whom I missing?

Happy New Year.
Carl[/QUOTE]

I agree he has met challenges in the past. Just seems he is making challenges on Facebook to get attention. Perhaps he did that in the past but they were not popping up on my Facebook. Don't know why they are now as we are not friends on Facebook. Hope his challenges come to fruition but I think not.

Happy New Year to you also!

Wedge

I see that Jayson Shaw has ask for a rematch with no response and Archer/Morris or Archer/Hatch have also ask to play Bergman/Woodward with no response. What's with that?

Last edited:

pro9dg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Karl has been carefully cultivating his image as 'The Man US Pool Fans Love To Hate' and he needs a few more US appearances to live up to his other nickname which is Box Office.

He has the game now to play to the crowd but has not yet reached the notoriety level where every US fan is baying for his blood. As he has already stated the match will happen in 2016.

Maybe Karl can get his stake money if Justin and Sky fancied taking on him and Darren Appleton in either regular or Scotch doubles.

But the UK pair might want to try this sooner rather than later as I predict that their opponents might be in better shape as the year goes on

Last edited:

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Karl has been carefully cultivating his image as 'The Man US Pool Fans Love To Hate' and he needs a few more US appearances to live up to his other nickname which is Box Office.

He has the game now to play to the crowd but has not yet reached the notoriety level where every US fan is baying for his blood. As he has already stated the match will happen in 2016.

Maybe Karl can get his stake money if Justin and Sky fancied taking on him and Darren Appleton in either regular or Scotch doubles.

But the UK pair might want to try this sooner rather than later as I predict that their opponents might be in better shape as the year goes on

Yep good observation....early 2000 I ran the Jr. Nationals at Magoos in Tulsa OK when 14 yr old JB played with outside cue ball like EFREN. I matched up with Earl the Pearl in 79 at Paramount Billiards on Long Beach Blvd. for $500 a set race to 11 roll out 9 ball on a damp dirty Gold Crown in a Humid pool room off the cold Pacific Ocean. The room owner, Adam Brostoski, who ended up in Sieziure World in Orange County when he reired, is the father of Golden West Billiards owner/son Brostoski....is still hocking his pool tables on ''the price is right'' with Drew Carey.
At that time I got the 8 then two sets later got the last two, and as he left I said. I'll play even....not. But at that time, he NEVER did NOT jaw a ball that he missed it only got rejected because of pocket speed....but he didn't know at that time....how to FOLLOW his cue ball. As he walked away, with Monroe Brock and one other I said ''Earl''....if you EVER learn how to follow your ball you'll be a great player some day.....and you can quote me on that. I think JB has been thee only other young and up and coming player I've ever seen that had that ''something'' thee others don't.

Last edited:

Wedge

WO Wedge Lock
Silver Member
Wow

Well yeah, I ran the Jr. Nationals at Magoos in Tulsa OK when 14 yr old JB played with outside cue ball like EFREN. I matched up with Earl the Pearl in 79 at Paramount Billiards on Long Beach Blvd. for $500 a set race to 11 roll out 9 ball on a damp dirty Gold Crown in a Humid pool room off the cold Pacific Ocean. The room owner, Adam Brostoski, who ended up in Sieziure World in Orange County when he reired, is the father of Golden West Billiards....who's still hocking his pool tables on ''the price is right'' with Drew Carey.
At that time I got the 8 then two sets later got the last two, and as he left I said. I'll play even....not. But at that time, he NEVER did NOT jaw a ball that he missed it only got rejected because of pocket speed....but he didn't know at that time....how to FOLLOW his cue ball. As he walked away, with Monroe Brock and one other I said ''Earl''....if you EVER learn how to follow your ball you'll be a great player some day.....and you can quote me on that. I think JB has been thee only other young and up and coming player I've ever seen that had that ''something'' thee others didn't.

Pretty strong comparing Bergman and Efren/Earl in the same paragraph!

Wedge

Last edited:

ziggystardust

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wedge,
He has a pocket full of money and his
phone isn't ringing.

A lot of matches have come about on
facebook, Dennis and Shane for one.
He asked Boyes to play cuz he thought
he was coming to the Derby. From talking
to him he just wants to stay in action and
work on improving his game.

Take care,
Carl

Wedge

WO Wedge Lock
Silver Member
Thanks Carl

Wedge,
He has a pocket full of money and his
phone isn't ringing.

A lot of matches have come about on
facebook, Dennis and Shane for one.
He asked Boyes to play cuz he thought
he was coming to the Derby. From talking
to him he just wants to stay in action and
work on improving his game.

Take care,
Carl

That's understandable. Hope the matches happen.

Wedge

ziggystardust

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wedge

Wedge,
Archer wants a rematch at his place which is
only fair but then he adds let Justin and Sky
set the rules, We only want a push out after
every break....WTF is that?
And what I heard last night Jayson and Justin
are going to play. With Turning Stone, JOB'S and
Derby coming up they are trying to fit it in. Maybe
at the Derby.

Take care,
Carl

Wedge

WO Wedge Lock
Silver Member
I agree with WTF

Wedge,
Archer wants a rematch at his place which is
only fair but then he adds let Justin and Sky
set the rules, We only want a push out after
every break....WTF is that?
And what I heard last night Jayson and Justin
are going to play. With Turning Stone, JOB'S and
Derby coming up they are trying to fit it in. Maybe
at the Derby.

Take care,
Carl

Yea, Archer sounds like he doesn't want to play. He want's to slow down a rhythm player with that push out nonsense!

Wedge

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
the reason they put out challenges on FB is because FB is where everyone is connected. It's easier to use FB on a phone and responses happen faster.

Also pros have some troll control on FB in that they can block haters.

Also, I met Justin at the $2000 8 ball event in OKC. He seems like a very committed player that doesn't make BS challenges. When he makes a challenge I am pretty sure he is ready to back it up.

Skyler is the one who made the doubles challenge I think.

Last edited: