One Pocket and Banks Invitationals at the US Open

kkdanamatt

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
At this year's U.S. Open 9-Ball Championships we will do something different.

There will be an 8-man One-Pocket Invitational Tournament and an 8-man Banks Tournament running concurrently with the 9-Ball Championships.

The One-Pocket event will consist of races to 4 and the Banks will be races to 5.

100% of the $500 entry fee will be be paid out in prize money.
Pat Fleming, the producer, will also add $1000 to the prize fund for each event.

The dates for the 2017 U.S. Open 9-Ball Championships are October 22-28 in Norfolk, Virginia.

Here's the link for entries and tickets:
http://accu-stats.com/

Hope to see you there!

Karl Kantrowitz, Tournament Director,
U.S. Open 9-Ball Championship

Last edited:

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member

There will be an 8-man One-Pocket Invitational Tournament and an 8-man Banks Tournament running concurrently with the 9-Ball Championships.

The One-Pocket event will consist of races to 4 and the Banks will be races to 5.

Pat Fleming, the producer, will also add $1000 to the prize fund for each event.

The dates for the 2017 U.S. Open 9-Ball Championships are October 22-28 in Norfolk, Virginia.

http://www.azbilliards.com/news/stor...ips-get-ready

Hope to see you there!

Page not found

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JoseV

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

http://www.azbilliards.com/news/stor...ips-get-ready

Hope to see you there!

All in the same room on 13 tables ? seems like the tournament will run longer ? or are those matches taking place once matches finish and before the next round of matches start ?

btw the link is not working.

kkdanamatt

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
All in the same room on 13 tables ? seems like the tournament will run longer ? or are those matches taking place once matches finish and before the next round of matches start ?

btw the link is not working.

The correct link has been posted.
Sorry for the confusion.

We will have some extra tables and schedule the One-Pocket and Banks whenever they do not interfere with the US Open 9-Ball matches.

spktur

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I see no info regarding any one pocket or bank pool tournament action at this event.

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I honestly don't know how I feel about this. My initial reaction is it's a bad idea.

You're asking a handful of players to take away their focus on playing in arguably the most prestigious event in America to win a fraction of what could be won in the 9 ball.

benny-the-blade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I honestly don't know how I feel about this. My initial reaction is it's a bad idea.

You're asking a handful of players to take away their focus on playing in arguably the most prestigious event in America to win a fraction of what could be won in the 9 ball.

Those players you're thinking about? Their mental toughness is stronger than you give them credit for.

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member

Keeps them in stroke and will give them good odds on their money. Players will jump on this.

JoseV

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm wondering is this is being done to fill the void of not having the BCA hall of fame event this year ? is it going to be in that same smaller hall area ?

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member
I'm wondering is this is being done to fill the void of not having the BCA hall of fame event this year ? is it going to be in that same smaller hall area ?

I hadn't heard about this. Any idea why no BCA Hall of Fame event this year? Are there still going to be inductees this year?

JoseV

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hadn't heard about this. Any idea why no BCA Hall of Fame event this year? Are there still going to be inductees this year?

I heard it was going to be moved over to the Mosconi cup for some kind of special BCA anniversary.