Rasson vs. Diamond tables?

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know this is an old thread but I'm in the process of choosing between two diamonds or two rasson tables for my room... has anybody had any more experiences with them

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Don't know where you live but i'm in the States and i'm buying American. I grew up on GoldCrowns but if buying new i'd go Diamond. They support pool BIGTIME and are good folks as well. I've played on Diamonds since '98-'99 and have watched them grow into a really good outfit.

Skippy27

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You may experienced or heard products "Made in China" are nothing with high quality, but we have always been trying to create really good products and we welcome every honest comments to our products with actual experience. Rasson is a new brand, but not a new table manufacturer. Maybe the table you have at home was just made by Rasson~~"

Thanks!

Honest comment.... screw china. Especially when you can get very good tables made right here.

franko

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Agree

Don't know where you live but i'm in the States and i'm buying American. I grew up on GoldCrowns but if buying new i'd go Diamond. They support pool BIGTIME and are good folks as well. I've played on Diamonds since '98-'99 and have watched them grow into a really good outfit.

My feelings exactly !

Mike the Beginner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"Made in China"?
No thanks.

Brunswicks have been made in China since about 2000. When I looked into it a few years back you could buy the Chinese OEM version of the Gold Crown V for about $1400-$2400. It wasn't a copy, it was the same table from the same manufacturer that made them for Brunswick. Brunswick put its name on 'em and asked Americans for $10k.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Some of what you are saying is correct.

The GC5 was designed by Brunswick and made by Yalin.... I have never physically seen one of these non branded tables here in the USA. They are still AMAZING tables and anyone who knows anything about pool tables will agree :)

TFT

Brunswicks have been made in China since about 2000. When I looked into it a few years back you could buy the Chinese OEM version of the Gold Crown V for about $1400-$2400. It wasn't a copy, it was the same table from the same manufacturer that made them for Brunswick. Brunswick put its name on 'em and asked Americans for $10k.

Welder84

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Any Rasson owners here to review their table?

I am not an owner, but have played 4+ hours on the new Rasson victory-2 table. I believe the table had championship felt.

Takeaways
1). The pockets do indeed play tight (two balls do not fit in the pocket). Balls that hung were deep in the pocket. Also the side pockets play very small.
2). The rails are lively and play true. I had no problem getting used to the table.
3). The felt on this table was Championship and played fast and slick compared to Simonis felt.
4). Overall this table was challenging and inline was a the Difficulty of a Diamond table.

Final thought
Compared to a Diamond the Rasson did not play or feel as nice. The Diamond has wide wood rails (the Rasson has synthetic rails). This Rasson had Championship felt vs Simonis. The Championship felt played slick. The Rasson table does play well, but not in the same class as a Diamond.

My opinion

Last edited:

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I am not an owner, but have played 4+ hours on the new Rasson victory-2 table. I believe the table had championship felt.

Takeaways
1). The pockets do indeed play tight (two balls do not fit in the pocket). Balls that hung were deep in the pocket. Also the side pockets play very small.
2). The rails are lively and play true. I had no problem getting used to the table.
3). The felt on this table was Championship and played fast and slick compared to Simonis felt.
4). Overall this table was challenging and inline was a the Difficulty of a Diamond table.

Final thought
Compared to a Diamond the Rasson did not play or feel as nice. The Diamond has wide wood rails (the Rasson has synthetic rails). This Rasson had Championship felt vs Simonis. The Championship felt played slick. The Rasson table does play well, but not in the same class as a Diamond.

My opinion
Thanks for your comments. I'm having a problem with it's appearance. But it seems to be a quality table and immediately available if I want one.