A very thin, very cheap rubber wrap

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
For those who would like to try a rubber wrap but don't want the weight or thickness of a typical rubber wrap, here is one that costs about $1 in quantities of 25. I've used these before and they last about a month or two. The length is more like 17 inches when you roll it on the cue. If you grip over a smaller area on the butt I suppose you could cut it in two, which would make it easier to roll on the cue.

I found some on Amazon but the local medical supply store may have them. "Penrose drainage tubing" are the words to use. I think I don't want to know how they are usually used.

Misc 002.jpg

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
So how did you come upon this item? Certainly not in your local billiard supply store. ;)
I don't remember exactly. I know a carom player who works for a hospital so maybe I heard about it from him. When I used to buy them in a medical supply store the clerk wanted to be assured that I wasn't going to use it as a tourniquet for IV drug injection. Amazon didn't seem to care what I was going to use it for.

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
A little pricier but you can get in any color is shrink tube. A little heat and it fits perfectly.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
A little pricier but you can get in any color is shrink tube. A little heat and it fits perfectly.
The shrink tube I've used in electronics is not as tacky at latex. It would be very thin.

Ghosst

Broom Handle Mafia
Silver Member
When I used to buy them in a medical supply store the clerk wanted to be assured that I wasn't going to use it as a tourniquet for IV drug injection. Amazon didn't seem to care what I was going to use it for.

Bob, I thought we weren't going to discuss your opiate habits in public anymore... :D

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
Office Depot sells it online too. Used the penrose drain back in Tulsa for a while. Joel Weinstock turned me into it not sure where he had gotten idea from. Works very well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Office Depot sells it online too. Used the penrose drain back in Tulsa for a while. Joel Weinstock turned me into it not sure where he had gotten idea from. Works very well.
I wonder what the use would be in an office.

Player

I'm your huckleberry
Silver Member
Wouldn't suit me but I'm sure a lot of people might like them. They are certainly cheap enough. Unless they used one on you in the hospital where I imagine they would charge about $200 a piece. :eek:

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've noticed that both Earl and SVB now have a strange wrap on their cues now. I wonder if it is because they both shoot with extensions and don't like the feel of where the extension starts on the cue.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wouldn't suit me but I'm sure a lot of people might like them. They are certainly cheap enough. Unless they used one on you in the hospital where I imagine they would charge about $200 a piece. :eek:

$200?

Nah....

More than that installed, and I don't mean on a pool cue. ;)

That requires a surgeon. We don't work for peanuts. ;)

Yotehntr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Never thought about rubber before, but you could use "Cold Shrink tubing" when I was a maintenance tech we'd put it on hammer handles and on wrench handles. It's at least 1/16" thick. Slide it over the area pull the string from the still large side and it colapses on very snug. LINK

3547bc17-f8ac-4a1b-aa65-0e8329156762_1.2da85cfaedf94aaeb0e2e149ee4bce6a.jpeg