I’ve never been banned from a forum until yesterday

Arounceville

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So a new and interesting development has taken place I was banned from the open billiards market on Facebook ( I’ve never been banned from any forum)
The story : a random hobbyist cue maker appears to have been involved in a shady deal ( most likely the cue maker is the one at fault from my understanding of the situation )
One of the administrators of the open billiards market has launched his own investigation into the deal . (The deal was not affiliated with the open billiards market and transpired 2 years ago if that matters ) the OBM administrator doubts the veracity of some screen shots between the cue maker, the customer and him self
His solution to this problem is that the cue maker should allow him ( Facebook forum administrator)to remotely connect to his computer so that he can get to the bottom of this.
This is where i get involved in the thread and express that requesting that Chuck Bates give any sort of access to his computer is a significant overstep of his authority.
Myself and the administrator has a fairly civil debate about this and a little bit later a couple other people express a similar opinion as mine, at that point the administrator removes all of my comments from the thread and shortly after that bans me from the group
After some more back and forth messaging with him myself and the owner of the group I’m told that if I want allowed back in the groups I need to apologized buy texting him some non sense about “playing Stupid games win stupid prizes”
So my take on this is that his response to being questioned about overstepped his authority is to again overstep his authority ( ban me) and then insist on a special apology if I want back in.

I didn’t break any rules
His behavior in our private messages is almost child like
John Bartons response is to apologize to me for his administrators behavior but say that he cant fix this because he can’t afford the lose this guy as an administrator

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So a new and interesting development has taken place I was banned from the open billiards market on Facebook ( I’ve never been banned from any forum)
The story : a random hobbyist cue maker appears to have been involved in a shady deal ( most likely the cue maker is the one at fault from my understanding of the situation )
One of the administrators of the open billiards market has launched his own investigation into the deal . (The deal was not affiliated with the open billiards market and transpired 2 years ago if that matters ) the OBM administrator doubts the veracity of some screen shots between the cue maker, the customer and him self
His solution to this problem is that the cue maker should allow him ( Facebook forum administrator)to remotely connect to his computer so that he can get to the bottom of this.
This is where i get involved in the thread and express that requesting that Chuck Bates give any sort of access to his computer is a significant overstep of his authority.
Myself and the administrator has a fairly civil debate about this and a little bit later a couple other people express a similar opinion as mine, at that point the administrator removes all of my comments from the thread and shortly after that bans me from the group
After some more back and forth messaging with him myself and the owner of the group I’m told that if I want allowed back in the groups I need to apologized buy texting him some non sense about “playing Stupid games win stupid prizes”
So my take on this is that his response to being questioned about overstepped his authority is to again overstep his authority ( ban me) and then insist on a special apology if I want back in.

I didn’t break any rules
John Bartons response is to apologize to me for his administrators behavior but say that he cant fix this because he can’t afford the lose this guy as an administrator

If everything is as you say, JB is a sissy if he doesn't scold the administrator and let you back in.

BHQ

we'll miss you
Silver Member

I didn’t break any rules

some of those guys really let this shit go their head.

there's usually 3 sides to bad deal, buyers, sellers & the truth

but to suggest he get access to anyone's computer is just fukn rediculous

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah bro, that place can be tough lol. I'm just a guessin, but was " Daniel " whom you speak of lol???

Have yall heard the recent story about ALL the admims sending a cue case full
of rotten meat to someone they felt was a deadbeat??? Lol

Last edited:

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thier is a reason JB is banned from everything for me. He’s nuts and I don’t need it in my life lol

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thier is a reason JB is banned from everything for me. He’s nuts and I don’t need it in my life lol

Regardless of anything and everything else, he does now in fact have the largest marketplace for any and every type of cue on Facebook ( and with that said probably anywhere for that matter ) , so like him or not if your either dealing in cues or want access to the absolute biggest marketplace you must kinda look the other way if anything gets to ya.

Fenwick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Being banned on Facebook is like a tickle on the wrist.
There are other groups to join if you aren't let back in.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
some of those guys really let this shit go their head.

there's usually 3 sides to bad deal, buyers, sellers & the truth

but to suggest he get access to anyone's computer is just fukn rediculous

Yup.

...and I stay away from Facebook. :wink:

billiardthought

Anti-intellectualism
Silver Member
Just another day in the clown car of OBM. Who would ever guess that John Barton is in charge of this 'well oiled machine'? It's like the scientology of pool.

FuManchu

Not a Pro Player
Silver Member
I've seen the group and it's a decent place to buy cues if you don't mind all the BS. Some of the administrators are guys that couldn't run 3 balls if their lives depended on it yet they think they are gods of the billiards world. Their miserable lives revolve around policing the OBM and worshipping JB like he's some sort of religious icon. The whole group is a waste of time.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I didn’t break any rules

Why would you complain about being banned if the website is as idiotic as you suggest? Isn't Barton located in Communist China? Do you want to give those people access to your information?

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
:rotflmao1::yeah::wave2:

That should teach ya----getting mixed up in a debate in Judge Judy's Facebook group.

Lots of cheer leaders, boot lickers, and band wagon jumpers on there.

Also lots of pretend pool cue dealers and even a cue master selling good cues.:lol:

:rolleyes: