2016 Canadian Snooker Championships (featuring Alex P)

Bbutler

topshots.ca
Silver Member
The national championship of America's hat starts this weekend in Montreal. Two-time former champ Alex Pagulayan WILL be in attendance this year, so tune in to the stream to see how his 1-pocket skills translate to the grandaddy of cuesports.

I'll be posting a link for the stream as soon as we have it, as well as a link to the brackets. Enjoy!

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
It was nice to see Floyd pounding 'em in.

now, where is Montreal Higgins?

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
It was nice to see Floyd pounding 'em in.

now, where is Montreal Higgins?

Ask and you shall receive....I ask for Montreal Higgins....et voila...
...I go back to the site...and I'm watching Giles Boismenu...:)

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Is that his nickname? I remember marvelling at how good he is with so much movement?

Yeah, Boismenu had everybody talking when he was young...
...ran some centuries very fast and very aggressive...hence 'Montreal Higgins'...
..then as a snooker player, he just disappeared for quite a while.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I'm pleased to see Fern Loyer is still in the championship.

Not much more than six months ago, he was dead....for about ten minutes.

His company was installing sewer lines into Laurentian University....he was at the bottom of the ditch when forty feet of it collapsed...he was buried to near the top of his chest in wet earth, rocks, and asphalt. Seven of his co-workers dug furiously to get him out....
...four medics worked on him for ten minutes to bring him back to life....had broken ribs and a broken leg....and just six months later, he comes to the Corner Bank and wins the Ontario Club Championship with a sixty two field.

He works hard and lives in a small town, Chelmsford, so he doesn't get the competitive experience that a lot of players get.....he runs a lot of centuries and a few maximums and is just the best player ever in that burg.

image.jpg

I'd like to see Fern and Alex in the finals.

Cameron Smith

is kind of hungry...
Silver Member
Yeah, Boismenu had everybody talking when he was young...
...ran some centuries very fast and very aggressive...hence 'Montreal Higgins'...
..then as a snooker player, he just disappeared for quite a while.

Cool! Thanks for the info. I played him last year and he clobbered me. Excellent player and was a pleasure to play.

Cameron Smith

is kind of hungry...
Silver Member
I believe that was Alex's first loss in the last three Canadian snooker championships he's played having also won all his round robin matches.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Cool, eh?

Rodney Cuillerier is the 2016 Canadian Snooker Champion. :clapping:

image.jpg

He defeated Floyd Zeigler 7-4 in the finals.