Schmelke sneaky-3mos. in-.............

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After playing with this cue now for about 3mos i have few things to comment on: 1. Their standard taper is quite stiff. Mine was 12.7 at the ferrule and 14.1mm at 12". I had it lengthened and now its 13.6 at 12". Much better,imo. 2. I ordered a 30" shaft, 12.5mm, extended pro taper with a Tomahawk ferrule. This set-up is the nuts. Shaft is almost Meucci-like taperwise but is not overly whippy.. 3. If you are a shaft flipper make sure to tell David you want a .840" joint. Their standard is .860. With both shafts i have 230bux in this cue. Gotta be the best deal in the game.

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
After playing with this cue now for about 3mos i have few things to comment on: 1. Their standard taper is quite stiff. Mine was 12.7 at the ferrule and 14.1mm at 12". I had it lengthened and now its 13.6 at 12". Much better,imo. 2. I ordered a 30" shaft, 12.5mm, extended pro taper with a Tomahawk ferrule. This set-up is the nuts. Shaft is almost Meucci-like taperwise but is not overly whippy.. 3. If you are a shaft flipper make sure to tell David you want a .840" joint. Their standard is .860. With both shafts i have 230bux in this cue. Gotta be the best deal in the game.

I suspect you are correct. I am glad you are enjoying your cue. :cool:
j2

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ive become a huge fan of Schmelke in recent years. Here is my latest purchase, the solid bocote cue.

Attachments

• IMG_0842.jpg
    IMG_0842.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 2,164
  • IMG_0843.jpg
    IMG_0843.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 1,654

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the update, most won't do that. I have a Schmelke bocote true sneaky, it's great. Looking back, besides my McD D-3, I wished I had never bought any other cues. Shit load of money gone !!! LOL

kempf80

Registered
That's a fine cue there. I also bought a new cue and wanted a bocote forearm in it. When I saw it on the webpage I threw money at the screen and it came home a few weeks later. Yours however, looks really nice and I've been looking at those Schmelke bocotes again *drools*. The price you paid makes me envious too. :thumbup:

TEAM SLO

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I ordered an r040 yesterday... What was the delivrery time for you guys? Didn't say anywhere on how long before I can expect it to be delivered.

R040 Cocobola 4-Prong
Weight 18oz. ............No Charge
Shaft Diameter 12.75mm.....................
Tip Type Kamui Black Medium....
Wrap Leather Wrap Black Flat # 0106......
Shaft Type PTO Flat Laminated Shaft.................
Butt Cap (Add 3 Weeks Delivery) No Butt Cap...........................................No Charge Ferrule Ferrule Juma 1" Standard.................No Charge
Length (Add 3 Weeks Delivery) 58" Standard ........................... No Charge
Extra Shaft No Extra Shaft........................................... No Charge
Extra Shaft -Low Deflection No Extra Shaft.................................No Charge
Shaft Taper Pro Taper 10-12 inches......................No Charge
Joint style 3/8” 16 tpi Quick Release Stainless Steel Pin, Brass Insert ........

Mike81

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had a custom made cocobola cue and it took only 3 weeks to receive it, so I imagine if its a production cue it shouldn't take long. Currently waiting on a players hxt cue that Dave is fixing/redoing for me. Trying out the tomahawk ferrule on it also, can't wait. Nice stick chuck!

Hinekanman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i helped a friend order one and hers took about 3 weeks because she got a linen wrap on it. it was a production cue but once that was added it took time to do i guess. She loves the cue though. I played a few racks with it and i liked it.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I ordered an r040 yesterday... What was the delivrery time for you guys? Didn't say anywhere on how long before I can expect it to be delivered.

R040 Cocobola 4-Prong
Weight 18oz. ............No Charge
Shaft Diameter 12.75mm.....................
Tip Type Kamui Black Medium....
Wrap Leather Wrap Black Flat # 0106......
Shaft Type PTO Flat Laminated Shaft.................
Butt Cap (Add 3 Weeks Delivery) No Butt Cap...........................................No Charge Ferrule Ferrule Juma 1" Standard.................No Charge
Length (Add 3 Weeks Delivery) 58" Standard ........................... No Charge
Extra Shaft No Extra Shaft........................................... No Charge
Extra Shaft -Low Deflection No Extra Shaft.................................No Charge
Shaft Taper Pro Taper 10-12 inches......................No Charge
Joint style 3/8” 16 tpi Quick Release Stainless Steel Pin, Brass Insert ........
Mine took one month.

SARDiver

JCC Chief
Silver Member
I was screwing around on the Schmelke website when my second #1 daughter looked at the solid bocote cues and told me that it was what she wanted. I've long told the kids that I will get them each their choice of cues as they get older. I needed to replace a house cue, so decided that it was what I would get. If she wants it to be her special "cue from Dad", then great. If she changes her mind down the road, so be it, and I'll have a great house cue.

Put the Triangle tip on it, had it turned down to 12.5mm, and can't wait for it.

The Mezz for me will be on its way once it's in stock.

GoodStick

Registered
Chuck,

Great cue. I have same that same one. I had Schmelke put a wrap put on and a mother of perl butt cap. Turned out great!

What is your opinion of the Joint #1 - Brass to Brass ?

GoodStick

Attachments

• Reworked Dad's Cue - .jpg
    Reworked Dad's Cue - .jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 1,074

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Chuck,

Great cue. I have same that same one. I had Schmelke put a wrap put on and a mother of perl butt cap. Turned out great!

What is your opinion of the Joint #1 - Brass to Brass ?

GoodStick
Joint #1 sucks. It might be ok for a break cue. Get a 3/8x10 or a G10.

GoodStick

Registered
garczar,

New to the forum. I have two Schmelkes. One with joint #1 and one with joint #2.
Simple cues. One Rosewood and one Bocota.

Hey, I can't really tell the difference, in the joints. The joint 1 is a hard hit they say. What does that mean?
Sorry to ask such a beginner question but I see you know this stuff.
Good Stick

GoodStick

Registered
Schmelke Cues

That's a fine cue there. I also bought a new cue and wanted a bocote forearm in it. When I saw it on the webpage I threw money at the screen and it came home a few weeks later. Yours however, looks really nice and I've been looking at those Schmelke bocotes again *drools*. The price you paid makes me envious too. :thumbup:
I guess I lucked out. 20 years ago I bought a cue for my Dad. It was a Schmelke
from a retailer in Denville NJ. After he passed his second wife sent it to me.

I really like it.

Attachments

• schmelke.jpg
    schmelke.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 562

GoodStick

Registered
22 year old Schmelke

Here is my 22 year old Schmelke - Not the fancy cue but shoots straight.

To take a trip back in time... Schmellke's from the 70's. Check those prices !!

https://schmelkecue.com/ppcatalog/

Attachments

• Schmelke 22 Wrap.jpg
    Schmelke 22 Wrap.jpg
    213.8 KB · Views: 535
  • Schmelke 22 Joint.jpg
    Schmelke 22 Joint.jpg
    199.2 KB · Views: 538
  • Schmelke 22 Butt.jpg
    Schmelke 22 Butt.jpg
    195.7 KB · Views: 516
Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Could you elaborate on why Joint #1 Sucks...

Again, I'm new to the forum, and the level of play probably.
Sound(bad), feedback(none), weight(too much). Get either 3/8x10, G10 or the 5/16x18(Meucci-style joint). Any of them is better than that chunk of metal joint.