anyone use a brunswick converion kit to.....

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Old thread renewed. A conversion would be awesome. The beauty is the table can played with until new top is ready/installed.
And the original rails can be overhauled to like new with little to no disruption in play/practice once the new spare rails are installed. I think this thread was the one that convinced me to go this route.

gazman100

Brunswick Gold Crowns - Qld Australia
Silver Member
Just wondering if you put GC5 rails on a early Brunswick slate as part of the conversion kit you would you have to change the skirts as well to accommodate the GC5 corner casting lower trim.
Just wondering.

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just wondering if you put GC5 rails on a early Brunswick slate as part of the conversion kit you would you have to change the skirts as well to accommodate the GC5 corner casting lower trim.
Just wondering.
I do believe so, the blinds and pockets are completely different between the two, so it would require an entire top change. See the earlier post where there are pics of what the conversion looks like at Surge Billiards in Chicago.

bignick31985

Life Long Learner
Silver Member
Cool idea, but I bet it'd be cheaper to have Mark rework them with new rubber, if they are in good enough shape. Still a nice option if you bought a GC 1 or 2 with a trashed top altogether.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
Does the cost justify it? I wonder what the price would be. I am willing to bet that Mark's rails would still have a higher quality level of work and precision.

I would guess its cheaper to buy GCV rails than it is to buy an entire GCV and when you are done putting a new top on your GCI you basically have a GCV.

BBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, Jerimy Chambers is the go to guy for new rails, his joinery process is rock solid, he did the tables at Red Shoes in the Chicago area, give him a call...

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
I still hoping that someone can answer the original question about putting a GCV top on an older Gold Crown and how much the conversion is.