Value of every day player cue

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My approach is basic and simple; just about as vanilla as any approach to pool cues could ever be.

If I own a pool cue, then I play with it........at home, in your home and anywhere there's a pool table.

I play with any cue in my case at the pool hall; any of my pals can play with any cue in my case as well.

It is my humble opinion that a pool cue was purposefully built to be played with and truly appreciated.

I don't want to admire a pool cue, or keep it at home where may be the most safe. I want to actually use it.

Personally, even if I had landed my dream Hercek cue, that cue would be treated exactly the same way.

Matt B.
WOW!!! That's some sweet battery of wands right there. Very nice collection.

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Matt really loves his pool and pool cues
he owns some of the prettiest cues that you will ever see,by some of the best

it is always a pleasure to see his cues or remarks
dean

zeeder

Will queue for cues
Silver Member
My approach is basic and simple; just about as vanilla as any approach to pool cues could ever be.

If I own a pool cue, then I play with it........at home, in your home and anywhere there's a pool table.

I play with any cue in my case at the pool hall; any of my pals can play with any cue in my case as well.

It is my humble opinion that a pool cue was purposefully built to be played with and truly appreciated.

I don't want to admire a pool cue, or keep it at home where may be the most safe. I want to actually use it.

Personally, even if I had landed my dream Hercek cue, that cue would be treated exactly the same way.

Matt B.

Here, here. My sentiments exactly.

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had a 2,500.00 cue that was my daily player. I took it anywhere I went to play. Bars...league...pool halls... Did not matter. I decided I needed a truck more than a high dollar cue si I sold it ...bought a used meucci for 200.00 and applied the rest towards a truck .

Most of the time my daily setup is the 200.00 meucci...a bk 3 breaker that I traded a 300.00 cue for and a 100.00 players that has a built in extension for those hard to reach shots.

The break cue and players cue are always in my case and I sometimes swap out the meucci for a 300.00 McDermott....500.00 adams/ helmstetter .....or a sneaky Pete I paid 20.00 for.

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
It really sucks that we have to worry about theft. As mentioned earlier, I carry about 5k between the 3 cues, case & accessories to league every week. I play in a dive bar & leave for 45 minutes to go home & bring my wife to work then go back to league. My case stays in the exact spot I put it in when I get to league & never moves 1" while I'm gone. Wish it was like that everywhere.

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
The 70's Josswest I play with whenever playing in competition is worth $1800.
When i'm practicing is when I tryout all my other cues.
I think most cues play good, but every once in awhile you find an exceptional playing cue.

tommypabs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I own cues priced from $200 to $7000. I play them all at the pool halls. I try not to take high end to league very often. I love enjoying the differences in how they all hit. For competition, I have two go to cues. One is a bit stiffer than the other, depending on the game I am playing or how I feel my stroke is determines which one I use.

Kats 11

Registered
I only have one playing cue I take with EVERYWHERE I go to play.a mezz ta3 with two ex pro shafts and a hp2 shaft. I play with the ex pro so you can say approximately $2000-2500

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kats 11

Registered
For some, there seems to be a false belief that expensive or collector cues are not used regularly and/or not used at pool halls.

I totally agree with you.i believe a player has to play every day with the same equipment in order to play consistently good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nsafellow

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
878c1e2f8a57f230a05ac918ff491e49.jpg

7773cdee9e0915440982977d4b81046f.jpg

58da5de9e96ebfb1a380c1ebd2984175.jpg

So I always take three cues when I go out to play. All of the cues play differently, some have ivory joint some steel some are a wood joint.

All most all of them are a 5/16 x14 pin
With a couple of radials in there.

All have at least three shafts and some have five. All have low deflection shafts with standard shafts. Most have kamui super soft black tips on them.

I just pick three that strike me as what I want to play with and go with them.

All of my cues have a sound almost a musical note when you strike the ball.

Most of the cues are from $3000 up to $35000.00.

Hey most of us drive cars that are more than $5000 and you don’t worry about them.

I say play with them you can always get them refinished.

Shoot well!

Last edited:

nsafellow

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very nice collection nsafellow!!

What is the one in the 3rd pic , 3rd from left?

That is a one of one cue made by Joe Pechauer it has an Anaconda skin wrap on it with a clear coat over it to protect it. It is a beautiful and well balanced cue that plays great.

All of the cues in this picture are made by Joe and all are one of a kind cues.
The middle picture the cue in the center that is all inlays won the Peoples choice and was second in cue of the year. It has a value of $35,000.00 and is a beauty to behold.

tim913

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought a Schon LTD for around $300 years ago from a guy that needed money, but then I have to add in the price of the Predator shafts.