Colin's potting test, can someone post

Bobkitty

I said: "Here kitty, kitty". Got this frown.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Can someone post Colin's Potting Test suitable for print out? I missed it the last time around.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oldie but a goodie

Someone reminded me that I did this test awhile back but I forgot about it, and couldn't find the video. Just found it. This video demonstrates what I meant about having trouble with back cuts more than other shots. Thanks to Poolology, I won't be missing many more like the one in this video. I did slop in a few shots, but hey, I think a pizza was waiting for me in the kitchen. :smile:

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showpost.php?p=5398936&postcount=159

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
There were a number of guys who took Colin's test and posted it. Some were very good, some were so-so, and others not so good.

I know one person who used the 3 magic letters as his aiming system and did great by missing only two balls but ended up removing his video after a period of time because of the crap floating around here that he, I, or others weren't really using it and only said we scored as we did by aiming with something else.

Now how insane is that?

What I do remember is nobody caught flak if they had a low score. Everybody got praise just for having the balls to do the test and post the video. And rightfully so.
It's never fun to bare your ass to the world when you perform below standards but they deserve the most praise.

There were a few know it all science guys who always talked like they had big games who lived here daily to tell the entire forum what was the right way to play and what was the wrong way, but they ended up suddenly taking their long summer vacations to Bora Bora, Tahiti, or some other exotic place and just vaporized until the dust cleared with the test. Typical of them.

Last edited:

Bobkitty

I said: "Here kitty, kitty". Got this frown.
Gold Member
Silver Member
There is another great test of one's skill that is readily available to AZB forum users; BU exam I and II. This test covers way more than just potting balls, things like: banking, safeties, accurate draw & follow, shape, etc. etc. A much more accurate test of how one might play the game of pool.
So far, I only recognize Neil, JC and myself as having taken the tests. I did it without prior practice. I've printed out test I and I'll take it again after practicing it a few times. It cost nothing if you video yourself and send the video to Dr. Dave or you can have your local BU certified administer, give the test. The test results are kept current in a sticky at the top of the main forum.

Ratta

Hearing the balls.....
Silver Member
There were a number of guys who took Colin's test and posted it. Some were very good, some were so-so, and others not so good.

I know one person who used the 3 magic letters as his aiming system and did great by missing only two balls but ended up removing his video after a period of time because of the crap floating around here that he, I, or others weren't really using it and only said we scored as we did by aiming with something else.

Now how insane is that?

What I do remember is nobody caught flak if they had a low score. Everybody got praise just for having the balls to do the test and post the video. And rightfully so.
It's never fun to bare your ass to the world when you perform below standards but they deserve the most praise.

There were a few know it all science guys who always talked like they had big games who lived here daily to tell the entire forum what was the right way to play and what was the wrong way, but they ended up suddenly taking their long summer vacations to Bora Bora, Tahiti, or some other exotic place and just vaporized until the dust cleared with the test. Typical of them

Made my day matey :p