Karl Boyes talking crap

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Here a perspective that no one has thought of. How about a doubles match where Earl and Karl are partners? Think both of them could handle that? That would be a true test of character for the both of them.

Awesome, that would be hilarious. And John Schmidt and Danny Harriman could be their opponents.

Stan Shuffet and Duckie vs ...... John Barton and Lou F. as the undercard. Coaching allowed. ;-)

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
How has this been proven?

Also, I'm still waiting to hear exactly what Boyes said.

Yes, what did Karl say about Earl?
Let Earl and SVB play on a 10' Diamond that neither have played on before. My money would be on SVB going to 100 in 9 ball or 10 ball or even 8 ball. Johnnyt

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Awesome, that would be hilarious. And John Schmidt and Danny Harriman could be their opponents.

Stan Shuffet and Duckie vs ...... John Barton and Lou F. as the undercard. Coaching allowed. ;-)

That would be pretty good. Kind of gives me an idea. Have 30 professionals show up, randomly draw 2 man teams, and fight it out!

actionplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
this is getting old, everytime there is a tournament with an international field:

1. bla bla, european robots
2. yada yada should have been winners break
3. america gets knocked out early
4. JAM blames the BCA
5. All european players are paid more money than they can handle by the national olympic commitee just for getting up in the morning
6. race to 10000 svb will win every time
7. finals finished, a european player won.

Tremendous and accurate post,

When will it stop. Roflmao Earl is proven as the best on a 10footer? why on earth is that proven? At least 50 players I think of a mix of pool and snooker beat him on that equipment. Nobody is saying he didn't win anything or was a bad player he was great in his era however just cause you act like a **** doesn't mean you have an illness.

Last 3 years all euro world champs
Mosconi euro dominating
WCP all semi finalists euro

shift in pool power has been coming since around 07

earl trying to tell svb how to play was atrocious it actually hinders svb game especially after he looks at him in disgust after missing 2 ball

dechaine who? stfu, you got robbed and still trying to comeback from that. Shaw put him in his place after his mouth got him in trouble, it will again, that Joss tour super tough isn't it for a pro?

please o please let earl set up a game race to whatever with any of the medicore euro pros and I will cash in the mortgage for it .

JAM - cemented it on this thread, worst AZ poster of all time, zero facts, all bias, and like dechaine mouth got him in trouble and cost him 10k lmao

SilentLurker

Registered
I guess this whole argument boils down to what you would want on your tombstone:

"Here lies XXX, broke his way through some races to 100 for the $$$, made some keyboard warriors happy"

or

"Here lies XXX, World Champion"

I know which one I would want. I suspect the ones who want to gamble already lost a whole chunk on their boys (not Boyes), or even worse probably didn't dare back their side. Just my 2c.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
...JAM - cemented it on this thread, worst AZ poster of all time, zero facts, all bias, and like dechaine mouth got him in trouble and cost him 10k lmao

As Martin Luther King said, "In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."

I have received many communications from members of this forum who feel the opposite as you do.

I'm no biased and not in any trouble, and I don't bet what I cannot afford. I'd venture to guess I know more about pool than you will ever know, without ever having to pick up a cue.

Have a nice day. :)

SakuJack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And thanks for proving mine, for continuing to single me each and every time I post on AzBilliards Discussion Forum.

lol, this is an utter lie.

From what I can tell, you've made upwards of thirty posts since yesterday. I've responded to about four of them.

The first was asking politely why you thought Boyes lacked humility, the second was asking for more specifics on this as your answer was typically vague, the third was in response to you criticising another member for making stale retorts (irony at its finest), and the fourth was in response to you criticising me.

People disagreeing with you or pointing out when you've said something ridiculous does not count as you being singled out. That's just how discussion forums work. I know you enjoy playing the victim, but everyone can see you have no case here.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
lol, this is an utter lie.

From what I can tell, you've made upwards of thirty posts since yesterday. I've responded to about four of them.

The first was asking politely why you thought Boyes lacked humility, the second was asking for more specifics on this as your answer was typically vague, the third was in response to you criticising another member for making stale retorts (irony at its finest), and the fourth was in response to you criticising me.

People disagreeing with you or pointing out when you've said something ridiculous does not count as you being singled out. That's just how discussion forums work. I know you enjoy playing the victim, but everyone can see you have no case here.

And let's be clear that my 30-plus posts I made yesterday, as you say, was me trying to enjoy AzBilliards Discussion Forum during the World Cup with other members who are pool enthusiasts. I was not trying to interact with you or anybody else making personal attacks on other members. I was actually enjoying the World Cup on a pool forum. It is a shame that this is not possible anymore, thanks to targeted attacks by members, which seems to be a regular occurrence on this forum now.

Try it sometime, enjoying this forum for what it has to offer, instead of continuing to single members out with targeted attacks. You might enjoy this forum much better. :)

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Losing or winning gracefully requires humility. Champions have it. Karl is still young. He may still aquire this trait as time goes on. :)

This post on this thread is why "SakuJack" continues to target me. Yet, he does not address anyone else on this thread about their remarks about Karl Boyes, some of which are pretty negative. He just targets me and has a track record on this forum of doing so.

SakuJack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This post on this thread is why "SakuJack" continues to target me. Yet, he does not address anyone else on this thread about their remarks about Karl Boyes, some of which are pretty negative. He just targets me and has a track record on this forum of doing so.

What on earth are you talking about? I haven't even responded to that post.

For some context, you made a couple of similar remarks in another thread and I responded, wondering where the talk came from...

I do recognize that Darren is class all the way, which comes from seasoning. Karl seems like a nice kid, very talented, but I think he needs a lesson in humility, something great champions like Darren already possess.

I'm not sure where this talk of Boyes lacking humility comes from. He's always come off well to me. Handles himself as well as most in matches and came across as well spoken and respectful when commentating on some matches this week.

There are some incidents and words spoken by Karl at several pool happenings that seemed a wee bit immature. I am sure when he matures as a great player, he will acquire humility, a trait that most champions possess. To pick fights and rub it in someone's face that you beat them and not shake hands at the end of a match shows a lack of humility, but these are may thoughts. You're certainly entitled to your own. :)

When exactly are you referring to?

If it's last year's Mosconi with Earl, I don't blame him at all for not being the perfect gentleman after Earl's behaviour throughout the match. Giving someone a less than courteous handshake after being sharked constantly throughout the match is hardly lacking humility, IMO.

If there's something else, I'd be interested to hear about it (genuinely, as I've seen a few comments similar to yours about Boyes, so it would be nice to know a bit more about it).

Is this what you mean by somebody attacking you?

pro9dg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ya know, this is the one time I would back up Mike dechaine if he sent a nice message to Karl and said something along the lines,,,"hey Karl, seeing you like to talk a lot, why don't we play some cheap 5k sets? Maybe you can show me a thing or 2!"

Then they can play so Mike can drill his ass back across the pond!

If you want to have the attitude,,, hope you can back it up bud;) Mike has an attitude,,,, but he can back it up! Especially at Karl! Don't get me wrong, Karl is a fine player, but not at Mike's caliber!!

Surely you are joking my friend. Karl has World titles on his resume (res-umay), no disrespect to Mike but he is a great player without major titles to back him up.

Blue Jam

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm sorry, but did you just infer that a race to 6....playing 9-ball....is an accurate assessment of a players skill? :scratchhead: I have no opinion on Earl/Karl, BTW. I like them both, but that made my brain hurt.

No, I didn't. I said "I think it's an excellent test of professional ability, particularly - as you say - in handling the variables in such a match."

Similar, but quite different. Much like there's a small but significant difference between saying "She's got a nice pear" and "She's got a nice pair".

Blue Jam

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe you should check your stats...Karl actually won the Diamond Bigfoot 10 ball challenge last year...I do believe that is played on a 10 footer right??? So please tell me, how is that favoring one player over another? Since Karl won that he probably thinks Earl has no chance beating him on it when in truth, NOBODY can get up and beat Earl in a lengthy race on a 10 footer, not even Shane, and It's been proven.

Check my stats? Eh?

I said "that would be playing to the experience of one player over another". Who, over their lifetime, do you think has most experience playing on 10 foot tables? Do try to keep up.

pro9dg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why should Karl bother to play Earl. He has nothing to gain . Earl is yesterday, Karl is today and tomorrow.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why should Karl bother to play Earl. He has nothing to gain . Earl is yesterday, Karl is today and tomorrow.

Whoa, now! Let's not get carried away here. Earl is a certified, genuine, thoroughbred pool champion with many titles on his portfolio, who is still, by the way, competing at a high level with enough firepower to get him on the Mosconi Cup and World Cup. He continues to make it high up in the money rounds in almost every single tournament he competes. He accepts challenge matches from anyone on the face of the Earth, bar none.

Don't tickle the trout this morning, Doug. I'm not in the mood. :grin-square:

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why be so territorial about pool? I get it; Boyes is "European" and Earl is American...
Boyes has commented on Earls beahviour at the table on more than one occasion, and rightly so...
Earl is a great player and truly deserving of the hall of fame status, but the way he behaves, especially when things aren't going he's way is childish. Had this been snooker or tennis Earl would have been fined thousands of dollars.
I think the whole "USA is best" way of thinking is stupid and it often sends discussions down strange paths where the world is black and white and where there is a strong yearning for post WWII America.
Lets embrace all skilled pool players as ambassadors of our great sport!

Blue Jam

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Um no, even when my favorite player wins in the short set format I don't go around proclaiming them to be better than their equally world class opponent.

Who is proclaiming that? Seriously, can you post one comment that explicitly states that? :rolleyes:

You seriously think a race to six tells the tale? I beat Ronnie Wiseman racing to five. I beat Max Eberle and other pros in short sets. Does that mean I am the better player? Players my speed can occasionally run out three to five games. If I do that once in a while then don't you think that for players who do it regularly that short sets are really coin flips for those guys?

It tells us that 100% of the times these two players have played, Karl has won, and 100% of the time, Earl has lost.

The shorter the race the more chance that rolls and mistakes play a bigger part in the outcome.

What's your point caller?

That's why when top players match up FOR THE CASH, they choose long sets. Races to fifteen are about the bare minimum these days in either 9 or 10 ball that pros play when gambling. Mostly they choose races to 21 or 25 sometimes races to 30 or 50.

But we're not talking about money matches. We're talking about the "trash talk" (which nobody has yet posted the actual words spoken, so I have my doubts...) relating to the World Cup of Pool. The one where Earl promised to "slay England" and make Karl his "Victim Number One". The one where Earl lost.

Look on Youtube at all the money games posted by the Filipinos, all races to 21 or more.

Well if you count the three matches they've played it would be a race to 18. Earl has lost all three.

It would be fair to say that the totals of ten sets of ten frames played with enough of a gap between match ups for both players to be fresh is a better test than one long race played when one player might be at a disadvantage (stress, illness, tiredness, any excuse you like). If they ever play again we can add that to Karls 3 for 3 record.

Top players want room to stretch out. They don't like short set formats. Most of them say that clearly when asked.

I'm sure if Mo Farah called out Usain Bolt and said Bolt was wrong to claim he is the fastest man in the world and he would prove it by beating him over 5,000m you would agree it wouldn't prove anything.

I'm using the available empirical evidence of actual match ups between these players. There's no need to imagine fanciful games between them. They've played the game the supposed trash talking was actually about. There was no trash talking from Karl about Earls home table, and there was no trash talking from Earl about Karl's home table, so those math ups are irrelevant.