Questions about Diamond Table Light Installation

WillyCornbread

Break and One
Silver Member
Hi - I recently ordered a 7ft Diamond Pro Am with the light, and I'd like to have the electrical piece ready when the table comes so that I can patch up any ceiling damage from the electrical and then all I need to do is hang the light centered after the table position is final.

I was unable to find the following info - if you can help it's much appreciated

• What is the electrical connection? Does anyone have a close up picture, is it just the power/ground wires or is there some connector or something as well?
  • Do people generally wire this to a new wall switch or have people installed a wire chain switch? A new wall switch installation seems like it might get messy - what's the least intrusive switching method?

Basically any info that would help me prep for the light would be very helpful - thanks.

b

Crash

Pool Hall Owner
Silver Member
I guess you've figured out that all you get is the Diamond Wood frame and two fluorecent fixtures. You'll need to pig-tail one fixture to the other after mounting them to the cross pieces of the frame. Then run a wire direct to outlet (plug) or pigtail to the junction.

WillyCornbread

Break and One
Silver Member
I guess you've figured out that all you get is the Diamond Wood frame and two fluorecent fixtures. You'll need to pig-tail one fixture to the other after mounting them to the cross pieces of the frame. Then run a wire direct to outlet (plug) or pigtail to the junction.

Yikes - I didn't realize I'd need to pig-tail one to the other, I planned on wiring to a plug to just plug it in to an outlet i'm having installed on the ceiling...

Pig-tailing the 2 together shouldn't be a big deal, are there instructions with the light, or should I just google it ahead of time?

Thanks for responding -

b

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member

What??????? You have to build the light after Diamond sends you the parts??? This really surprises me about a product from Diamond.:confused::confused:

Crash

Pool Hall Owner
Silver Member
What??????? You have to build the light after Diamond sends you the parts??? This really surprises me about a product from Diamond.:confused::confused:
I forgot to add that you get hanging wires precrimped through eye bolts that are in a nice plastic bag with washers and nuts and the holes for the eye bolts are predrilled through the cross pieces and two really nice Diamond stickers you can put on them. :thumbup:

A-1 billiards

FELT WRIGHT
Silver Member
The wiring and hanging of the 7 ft light is very straight forward. 1 hours work. The fixture is assembled, as is the light. the light fixture is mounted in the light box wired together with a short pigtail and a single lead that can be hardwired or plugged into a 110 outlet.

Diamond provides these options so the lights can be installed residentially or commercially. Local electric codes can vary greatly and commercial codes are often much more stringent than residential codes.

When you buy a typical 3 or 4 shade light like you see over many pool tables, these fixtures require assembly, installation of the cord through the chain, installation of the shades, installation of the end caps and are never shipped with bulbs. The same wiring of an electrical box or plug, and installation of hooks and hangers is required.... about an hours work.

I'll send you the width and length measurements of the 7 ft light to your email latter today.

Hope this helps
Jay

realkingcobra

Silver Member

Diamond has received several letters from various states advising them about their state requirements for the electrical wiring of their lights not meeting code, so they opted to stop pre-wiring' their light fixtures before shipping them out.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
Diamond has received several letters from various states advising them about their state requirements for the electrical wiring of their lights not meeting code, so they opted to stop pre-wiring' their light fixtures before shipping them out.

Ok. That explains it much better. It sounded like they sent you a light box and you had to mount and wire the fixtures inside of the box. More or less they leave the option of direct connecting the light or using a plug connector up to the end user? I bought one of their ball polishers less then a year ago and I was very impressed with the quality.

Crash

Pool Hall Owner
Silver Member

I was very fortunate to have a licensed electrician as a good customer. :thumbup: Even Alabama has codes!

Last edited: