What is the best production cues you like most?

Best Production Cue You Like Most?

• Total voters

MalibuMike

Banned
Schon's All The Way! That OB even made the list is a joke!

That OB even made the list is a joke!
Tiger cues run circles around OB, Predator and most of these others.

Attachments

• user71166_pic15223_1429131357.jpg
    user71166_pic15223_1429131357.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 1,314

Keith Jawahir

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To the person asking about Samsara... They're beautiful cues, but there's no way I'd use the stock shaft. It deflected so bad that I used outside english on a back-cut and hit the other side of the object ball and sent it in the opposite direction I had intended to. I recommend either a Mezz, Tiger or Jacoby Hybrid shaft.

On second thought, I might be getting Samsara and Pechauer confused.

theone77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To the person asking about Samsara... They're beautiful cues, but there's no way I'd use the stock shaft. It deflected so bad that I used outside english on a back-cut and hit the other side of the object ball and sent it in the opposite direction I had intended to. I recommend either a Mezz, Tiger or Jacoby Hybrid shaft.

On second thought, I might be getting Samsara and Pechauer confused.

Thanks Keith

sonny_burnett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The new ones are now.
I think the GB series are a lot of cue for the money. I have used them since they came out in the 90s. The consistency is very hard to beat. I prefer the GB3 since I'm an old school type.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Straw_Hat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I really like Jacoby for a nice production cue. In the past I've spoken several hours with both Brandon and David, both were always nice to me. Though I no longer play with my Jacoby, I always keep it near just incase.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

theone77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I really like Jacoby for a nice production cue. In the past I've spoken several hours with both Brandon and David, both were always nice to me. Though I no longer play with my Jacoby, I always keep it near just incase.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
What cue ur using now

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

mortuarymike-nv

mortuarymike-nv
Silver Member
new Balabushka

The new Balabushka cues are not made by George Balabushka they are made by Adams.
The only one I had in was used, the cue came out of California and I have no idea if the cue got hot or what but the glue was failing, I even offer to buy it back from the customer because I was so embarrassed over having to glue the cue back together so many times.
Then to make things worse the customer went around telling everyone it was a real Balabushka.
That was it for me and the Adams/Balabushka cue went on my I don't sake or deal with that brand of cue.

Samsara,
I had a guy wanted to trade me a really nice looking Samsara and 1000.00 cash for a Bobby hunter cue I had.

Personally I didn't like the hit of the cue, really I didn't like the shafts hit or sound so I didn't trade .
But that means nothing, I am not the person who knows everything about cues and the hit is a personal preference.

I like a cue's joint to be a big pin 3/8x10 pin or 3/8x11 pin with a wood to wood joint.
I like a solid maple shaft that has a little meat on it that shoots extremely solid.

Not a big laminated LD shaft fan.

sonny_burnett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The new Balabushka cues are not made by George Balabushka they are made by Adams.
The only one I had in was used, the cue came out of California and I have no idea if the cue got hot or what but the glue was failing, I even offer to buy it back from the customer because I was so embarrassed over having to glue the cue back together so many times.
Then to make things worse the customer went around telling everyone it was a real Balabushka.
That was it for me and the Adams/Balabushka cue went on my I don't sake or deal with that brand of cue.

Samsara,
I had a guy wanted to trade me a really nice looking Samsara and 1000.00 cash for a Bobby hunter cue I had.

Personally I didn't like the hit of the cue, really I didn't like the shafts hit or sound so I didn't trade .
But that means nothing, I am not the person who knows everything about cues and the hit is a personal preference.

I like a cue's joint to be a big pin 3/8x10 pin or 3/8x11 pin with a wood to wood joint.
I like a solid maple shaft that has a little meat on it that shoots extremely solid.

Not a big laminated LD shaft fan.
Chinese Adams?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

SARDiver

JCC Chief
Silver Member
First post here. I didn't see a newbie intro area, so pardon me for posting here if I missed one.

I shoot the Balabushka (Adam) GB-2 and really like it. Played it for about a dozen years now. The balance is nice and the hit is pretty good. I've never had a problem with it.

I played a friend's Schon many years ago, though, and have thought about giving the GB to one of my kids and getting one. Having lurked around here for a little bit, I'm now having what appears to be a common problem: choosing between a Schon and a Mezz. Asked Mezz a couple of questions and haven't heard back on email, but it's only been a couple of days.

njrackless

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Schon, Predator, Meucci,

IMO, Samsara is not in the production discussion. I have 2 of their cues, lower end bar cue and high end custom - both hit great.

Sent from Bryan's iPad

justabrake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes. Yes. Yes. I can't say enough good things about Samsara. They're extremely underrated in the cue market. Beautiful woods and craftsmanship that will leave you scratching your head. "How did they do that? Oh, and they play pretty damn sporty, too.

And, yes. I did sell mine because it was WAY too pretty for a bar league player. The curly maple was insane in that cue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

when I had a limited predator samsara cue the design was puffing up and almost through the finish coat and it was brand New ! does his cues feel that way ? just wondering .............

timothysoong

TS Billiards
Gold Member
Silver Member
what exactly you like in schon over mezz cue? is all schon worth to buy?

That's cause I no longer play LD shafts, I like how schon plays. Mezz makes consistent nice cues but imo their butt are weak (except for higher end ones) and schon's value doesnt depreciate as quick as mezz.

justabrake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's cause I no longer play LD shafts, I like how schon plays. Mezz makes consistent nice cues but imo their butt are weak (except for higher end ones) and schon's value doesnt depreciate as quick as mezz.

Any thoughts on an exceed cue compared to the mezz cues

Thanks !

timothysoong

TS Billiards
Gold Member
Silver Member
Any thoughts on an exceed cue compared to the mezz cues

Thanks !

Exceed plays way better than Mezz cues. More power in the butt. If u try both, the you'll know what I mean. Especially try an AXi and an exceed with the same shaft u will find a huge difference.

theone77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Im nothing against mezz and Im using and like it over predator.
But after asking an advise from a Japanese player & businessman.I tried and look for a good custom cue.

I just copy and paste his opinion and I cannot tell who he is but definitely a reliable source.

QUOTED:
"I had 5 Mezz cue but I don't use them any more.
I use custom made cue like you.
Mezz craftmanship is great. They make good cues.
All Mezz and Exceed cues are designed by Mr. Miki.
He isn't the pool player at all. They use advatisement to show how Exceed cue is better than others. Truth is Not all Exceed cue user is happy. Mezz wants to sell expensive cues. And give many players Exceed cues. Like Alex Paglaian, some player didn't like its play.
Cue selection is personal preferace. Just follow your instinct."

Now time to focus to improve my game. Just waiting for 2 custom cues and then decide my playing cue.

Just follow ur instinct guys and I think we have good production cues out there which is your choice.