Rat Cues

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
Asked Ryan about 9 months ago to make me a cue. Wanted a nice birdseye maple cue, just something I like about this style of cue. The cue arrived last month, and I've gotten some time in playing with it. The more I use it, the more I like it.

I was impressed from the first look at the workmanship. He lined up all the ring work, the linen wrap was impeccable, the shafts incredibly smooth, and the finish is fantastic..

Playing with it has taken a bit of time to get used to. Get more spin on the ball than with my other playing cue. Just takes less effort to move the cue ball around. The amount of feedback to my hand is great, and really really like the cue. I had him do a fairly stiff taper on the shafts, and the cue just plays great. Reminds me of a mason cue I used to have, that was my all time favorite cue.

If you are thinking about a new cue, like to get a lot of cue for your money, and don't want to wait for 5 years I highly recommend his work. Just top notch, and I have zero complaints.

Attachments

• forearm.jpg
    forearm.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 777
Last edited:

Duane Remick

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Asked Ryan about 9 months ago to make me a cue. Wanted a nice birdseye maple cue, just something I like about this style of cue. The cue arrived last month, and I've gotten some time in playing with it. The more I use it, the more I like it.

I was impressed from the first look at the workmanship. He lined up all the ring work, the linen wrap was impeccable, the shafts incredibly smooth, and the finish is fantastic..

Playing with it has taken a bit of time to get used to. Get more spin on the ball than with my other playing cue. Just takes less effort to move the cue ball around. The amount of feedback to my hand is great, and really really like the cue. I had him do a fairly stiff taper on the shafts, and the cue just plays great. Reminds me of a mason cue I used to have, that was my all time favorite cue.

If you are thinking about a new cue, like to get a lot of cue for your money, and don't want to wait for 5 years I highly recommend his work. Just top notch, and I have zero complaints.
Ryan is 1st Class
service , communication and workmanship
Enjoy the cue ,
they usually play great!

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very nice, looks like a great piece of wood there! I keep wanting to try one of Ryan's cues but haven't gotten a chance yet.

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
Very nice, looks like a great piece of wood there! I keep wanting to try one of Ryan's cues but haven't gotten a chance yet.

As Duane mentioned Ryan has a line of cues he makes for muellers, and he also makes custom cues.

He is easy to work with, and prices very reasonable. I've ordered a good amount of cues from a variety of makers, and this cue was one of the few that was above expectations.