Open invite for action in Casper WY...

mjdoutdoors

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is an open invitation for action in Casper Wyoming. Anyone ever traveling through this area for a tournament or work is invited for some friendly sets. $50-$100 sets of 8,9 and 10 ball, or 14.1. I am posting this because I want to make my game better and competition is the key for this. I practice regularly and I want to learn more. There are a lot of pool players here but only a few that want to play, practice and become better. World-beaters, short stops, or just those that love to play are welcome. However, I am looking for friendly games. Don’t travel here expecting to bankroll your trip. I have a regular job with mediocre pay, so I’m not rich. I won’t play all night and give up my paycheck to you. I just want to improve, learn through competition. I have a nice 9ft GC we could play on or BB if preferred. I am always open to lessons from pros or teachers. Contact me by PM on this site. I am ready to play. Mike

Last edited:

De420MadHatter

SicBiNature
Silver Member
Spent quite a bit of time in Casper over the yrs Hunting, & Skiing. I know it's gotta be slim pickins. I'll look you up next time I'm there.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
This is an open invitation for action in Casper Wyoming. Anyone ever traveling through this area for a tournament or work is invited for some friendly sets. $50-$100 sets of 8,9 and 10 ball, or 14.1. I am posting this because I want to make my game better and competition is the key for this. I practice regularly and I want to learn more. There are a lot of pool players here but only a few that want to play, practice and become better. World-beaters, short stops, or just those that love to play are welcome. However, I am looking for friendly games. Don’t travel here expecting to bankroll your trip. I have a regular job with mediocre pay, so I’m not rich. I won’t play all night and give up my paycheck to you. I just want to improve, learn through competition. I have a nice 9ft GC we could play on or BB if preferred. I am always open to lessons from pros or teachers. Contact me by PM on this site. I am ready to play. Mike

Good luck in your quest to "up your game". It was good getting to meet and play you in Denver last year. I am planning on going up there and playing in the Saratoga events this year.

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
Good pitch

Just hoping for action

I like your pitch as they say, you seem honest which as Billy Joel would say is such a lonely word. If I lived up there I would work wit you. FYI my parents owned a restaurant here in Springfield with the same chili recipe since 1909. It was called Casper's. If the trail leads you to Springfield, Mo - I would suggest for you to try a bowl of chili.

Last edited:

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
I am in a similar situation as mjdoutdoors. I live in a amazing place, not too many people and plenty of outdoors type things to do. I am about 120 miles from the nearest pool room and even though I have a world class table I still must travel to find a game. Without competition I just stay at the same level, so off I go to Denver. Its fun to play guys who are more skilled than I but its even better when I play good enough to be competitive.

Playing the Ghost helps and so do drills but unless you are playing regularly against good players in a pool room than it will be difficult to improve. Practicing at home is nothing at all like competing in a room full of other players. I have learned to focus at home and can beat the seven ball ghost at will and am threatening the eight ball ghost most days(tight Diamond 9ftr). All that goes out the window when I do get to a real pool hall. I end up talking more than focusing and my game suffers.

Mike I hope you get some competition, let me know when you will head to Denver and if things work out I might be able to make it. Winter is much harder for me. Measureman(Bruce) might be a lot of help finding a game at Felts.

poolpro2

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think this should get its own sticky

I don't have people "shooting back" at me very often. I find it hampers me when I actually get to play in a tournament or gamble.

I have an RKC table, work swing shift (used to being up late), and would like some action also. I am 1 minute off the freeway between Tacoma and Seattle.

Thanks for putting this out there.

Some industrious poolplayers could use this list and make the rounds!

Seriously, needs a sticky.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Absolutely the best way to become better....throw the window open and play everybody except champions. You will find as you,improve you book more and more winners. Confidence alone wins sets. That is what you gain by staying active. Good for you.

billy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Absolutely the best way to become better....throw the window open and play everybody except champions. You will find as you,improve you book more and more winners. Confidence alone wins sets. That is what you gain by staying active. Good for you.

What you're doing is definitely going in the right direction

But I always liked to play the 'champions'. Just get a handicap imo. They will spot you if they are any kind of gentleman player

Yes, always play better players

All the best with your game ...

pvc lou

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

You better not be taking one pocket lessons from lance if you want any of my action when I get back, sir.

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
No fear

I would think for friendly sets you would want to play better players, what makes someone a champion is an open debate. Don't listen to this advice, sbc is obviously not correct on this. That is not to say that the game can't be adjusted after the first set if the match is lopsided. But I think sbc may be thinking with the ego or fear on this one. Pros and champion is again an open debate.