Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Barry got the 75k in yet? Only a dozen or so real entries in as of now. Johnnyt

PINKLADY

ICNBB
Silver Member
isn't today the deadline?
and i thought the whole $180K-ish was going to be escrowed by today?
where are we on this follow-up?

i ask, because players, vendors, dealers, and consumers have plans to lock down.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
isn't today the deadline?
and i thought the whole $180K-ish was going to be escrowed by today?
where are we on this follow-up?

i ask, because players, vendors, dealers, and consumers have plans to lock down.

July 25 is the date by which the $75,000 in added money is supposed to be in Pat Fleming's escrow account.

Entry fees will also go into that account, but they will be coming in all the way up to the event (or sooner if the field fills early).

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think this year will have more international entries than prior, even if only 50k is added and it's a lower wpa ranking tier event.

The reason is because the money (whatever amt) is completely controlled by Pat's hands, not Barry's. The players will know they won't be screwed, even if they will be playing for less prize money.

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
Deadline is tomorrow.... But here is the thing you guys won't like that are rooting against Barry... On the 25th the WPA will look at how much is in escrow and they will decide how to proceed... They most likely will sanction the tournament as a tier 3 provisional tier 2 with a second deadline for whatever amount Barry falls short by tomorrow... If he falls short, I have not asked so I have no idea where they are. I am sure Pat will release the information asap so I would look for something next week at the latest after the WPA has a chance to decide how to proceed..

If you have looked at the layouts the seating should be as good as it ever was at the convention center... The interest from Asia is at an all time high because Pat is handling the payouts....

They will hit 128 or somewhere very close....

This is the 40th anniversary and like Barry or hate Barry the US Open is still one of if not the biggest tournament in the world... You don't get your hall of fame ticket punched very easily without one....

Chris

pocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I honestly don't think many are "rooting against Barry." Just tired of a prestigious event being run in a film flam style year after year.

PINKLADY

ICNBB
Silver Member
July 25 is the date by which the $75,000 in added money is supposed to be in Pat Fleming's escrow account.

Entry fees will also go into that account, but they will be coming in all the way up to the event (or sooner if the field fills early).

thanks, Honey. i might need glasses, cause i thought the 23rd was the 25th. ;)
and i couldn't find the other thread where you'd already told me the jist on the balance deadline - but i figured you'd clarify again....

put me down as 0 for 2.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tick Tock Tick Tock :D

tumblr_ml209ls8oZ1qdf6w8o1_500.gif

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Deadline is tomorrow.... But here is the thing you guys won't like that are rooting against Barry... On the 25th the WPA will look at how much is in escrow and they will decide how to proceed... They most likely will sanction the tournament as a tier 3 provisional tier 2 with a second deadline for whatever amount Barry falls short by tomorrow... If he falls short, I have not asked so I have no idea where they are. I am sure Pat will release the information asap so I would look for something next week at the latest after the WPA has a chance to decide how to proceed..

If you have looked at the layouts the seating should be as good as it ever was at the convention center... The interest from Asia is at an all time high because Pat is handling the payouts....

They will hit 128 or somewhere very close....

This is the 40th anniversary and like Barry or hate Barry the US Open is still one of if not the biggest tournament in the world... You don't get your hall of fame ticket punched very easily without one....

Chris

So the 75k is not in lock-up with Pat at Accu-Stats is he way I read this. Johnnyt

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
July 25th, today, is a Saturday. We will have to go to the next business day, Monday.

The new date is Monday, July 27.

:grin-square::grin-square::grin-square::grin-square::grin-square::grin-square::grin-square::grin-square::grin-square::grin-square:

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Barry got the 75k in yet? Only a dozen or so real entries in as of now. Johnnyt

Johnny, this is not directed directly towards you my friend but rather toward everyone that falls into this group.

Let me be clear, in no way am I trying to take up for Barry nor am I trying to dispute any of the be that he has pulled nor what a POS he has been time and time again in the past and very well may continue to be.

But, with that being said AND understood; doesn't everyone get that " rooting " against him is essentially " rooting against the US OPEN? I mean if you can put in a perspective of not talking about Barry and the stuff that has been pulled over the years isn't the US OPEN one of our most beloved, storried, and historically rich events of all time. If Barry were able to pull this off in a legit way fine, if he can't and someone else has to fine, but at the end of the day I sure do hope the US OPEN will be able to survive and hopefully thrive for many years to come.

Sure, maybe I'm being sentimental but i grew up with this being THEE EVENT, the most prized trophy, the one title everyone ALWAYS dreamed of winning , period! I understand exactly why everyone feels about Barry and rightly so but it just seems so many are constantly " rooting " for the OPEN to fail and die just to spite Barry. I may be alone on this one but I choose to try to remain positive, and will continue to " root " for the OPEN to thrive and survive with or without Barry. I feel like it is a real disservice to all past, present, and future champions to do anything other than this. Pool is in a bad enough state as it is and we sure don't need yet another " death " in OUR beloved pool family tradition.

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
Johnny, this is not directed directly towards you my friend but rather toward everyone that falls into this group.

Let me be clear, in no way am I trying to take up for Barry nor am I trying to dispute any of the be that he has pulled nor what a POS he has been time and time again in the past and very well may continue to be.

But, with that being said AND understood; doesn't everyone get that " rooting " against him is essentially " rooting against the US OPEN? I mean if you can put in a perspective of not talking about Barry and the stuff that has been pulled over the years isn't the US OPEN one of our most beloved, storried, and historically rich events of all time. If Barry were able to pull this off in a legit way fine, if he can't and someone else has to fine, but at the end of the day I sure do hope the US OPEN will be able to survive and hopefully thrive for many years to come.

Sure, maybe I'm being sentimental but i grew up with this being THEE EVENT, the most prized trophy, the one title everyone ALWAYS dreamed of winning , period! I understand exactly why everyone feels about Barry and rightly so but it just seems so many are constantly " rooting " for the OPEN to fail and die just to spite Barry. I may be alone on this one but I choose to try to remain positive, and will continue to " root " for the OPEN to thrive and survive with or without Barry. I feel like it is a real disservice to all past, present, and future champions to do anything other than this. Pool is in a bad enough state as it is and we sure don't need yet another " death " in OUR beloved pool family tradition.

rep to you sir... I don't think we usually agree on things but this one we do...

As far as me knowing how much is in the Kitty... I am not in a position to know.. I do work for Pat at events but that doesn't mean I ask questions that I shouldn't or that he tells me everything... I do Replays, Scoring and Graphics and anything else I am asked to do at the EVENTS.... If there is no event scheduled it may be a month between conversations as we both have businesses we are trying to run day to day... I have to send him graphics next week and will be talking to him but I doubt I will hear anything before there is an official press release...

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
rep to you sir... I don't think we usually agree on things but this one we do...

As far as me knowing how much is in the Kitty... I am not in a position to know.. I do work for Pat at events but that doesn't mean I ask questions that I shouldn't or that he tells me everything... I do Replays, Scoring and Graphics and anything else I am asked to do at the EVENTS.... If there is no event scheduled it may be a month between conversations as we both have businesses we are trying to run day to day... I have to send him graphics next week and will be talking to him but I doubt I will hear anything before there is an official press release...

Thank you sir, appreciate it. The funny part is I actually just read this thread. I made my post after reading only JT'S post and not a word more lol. Its how I felt and the "rooting " is just what had came to mind without even reading anything else lol!

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

We'll just go ahead and add you to the list of people that just don't get it.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We'll just go ahead and add you to the list of people that just don't get it.

And what list should "BeiberLvr" go on?

I understand both sides of the fence, but I agree with BmoreMoney as far as the prestige of the Open. We don't have very many pool tournaments on American soil, especially on the East Coast. I'm hoping this year on the 40th anniversary that the Open will be a huge success.

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
Seems to me that anyone who loves pool should be "rooting" that it somehow comes together enough that the event happens and the players get paid.

That doesn't mean that anyone doing so endorses how Barry has done business or treated people.

Negativeness only breeds more negativeness. No one has to believe that all is well, but that doesn't mean folks have to revel in the failings either.

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Barry has fck over most of the people and players over the years. People with good names in the industry have come away with egg on their face time and time again. The $1000 entry fee if to high for 128 or more, the 6 day pro/open tournaments are way in the past. Barry's track record is worse than a glue factory special. Why does anyone believe there will be 180k+ in the kitty at the close of the event and Bag Pipes and Wind Bags fire up. The whole U.S Open has become one big joke. Johnnyt